by Greeneyedamazon
Explorer

WIFI MINI HIGH DATA USAGE

I have an ee mini for my static caravan. I got it last weekend. This  morning it said I had 20GB of my 30GB data left after only using it on my kids 2 ipads last night for couple of hours. I watched netflix for approximately one hour and then promptly turned it off however I have used another 10GB of data and I have no idea how? My kids were asleep so not on their ipad and I was connected to 4G on my phone. Can somebody explain where the data has gone and how  I can monitor it as when I log in you my ee it says it is unable to show me? Thankyou. 

3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Employee

Re: WIFI MINI HIGH DATA USAGE

Hi and welcome to the community.

Could your ipad/tablets be running background updates that you are unaware of?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Greeneyedamazon
Explorer

Hi Lee thanks for getting back 2 me. No I checked and double checked. Is there not a way to check with EE which devices are connected to your wifi and how much data they are using? Just wondered if you knew?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

There is no possible way that EE would know which devices are connected to your WiFi, much less how much data they are using. Your router is the single point of contact with EE. You could install usage monitors on your own devices.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.