Highlighted
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: VoLTE Activation

4BBDC289-255D-40C9-8D3C-BCF9B8B5CBED.jpeg5A5FEC64-30D4-4F26-8780-77F8AC5F7485.jpeg

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
Highlighted
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Problud it does work as is stated here https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/getting-started-and-upgrading/using-your-phone-features/how-do-i-use-...

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Thought I'd update this thread. My SIM free s9+ which I purchased directly from Samsung now has VoLTE! Received update today which made the option appear and work. I am over the moon as it was a sorely missed feature from my SIM free s8+. 

Screenshot_20180708-173717_Software update.jpg

Highlighted
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @Problud Thanks for that I had Ee firmware on mine but have just flashed back to stock due to Ee being so slow on updates. One thing does your location switch on every time you come into WiFi? I think it’s due to WiFi calling it’s very annoying and didn’t do it on Ee firmware.

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Mine does that but very rarely. It must be app that triggers it as it requires location data evertime there is a lapse in internet connection. Have a look at my screenshot.Screenshot_20180708-233427_Samsung Experience Home.jpg

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Hi, my sim free S9+ had a OTA update last Friday, since then I've had VoLTE all the time.  Same thing happened previously with my S8+

There's hope to us SIM Free handset owners 🙂

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Yes it is indeed great news. I'm actually quite surprised the SIM free s9+ got enabled so quickly as for my s8+ I had to wait until February 2018 to get it. 

Highlighted
by Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Great news indeed! However, will the S7 and S7 Edge get the VOLTE treatment for unbranded handsets? I have an unbranded S7 and that does not have VOLTE or Wifi Calling, will those features ever be added or will someone have to guide me through manually flashing software?

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@spotify95  If it’s not got it now it’s not going to get it. Sorry.  And you’ll need to look elsewhere on how to flash it. 

Highlighted
Established Contributor

@Chris_B wrote:

@spotify95  If it’s not got it now it’s not going to get it. Sorry.  And you’ll need to look elsewhere on how to flash it. 

Hmm, rather helpful advice. It was a high end smartphone when it was launched and it is still very capable now. Pretty poor show from EEs point of view if they want to shut down 3G but are not giving a replacement for voice for non EE branded devices. 

If it works with EE firmware then why can't it work unlocked/unbranded?

Shouldn't be encouraging e-waste...

Highlighted
Established Contributor

Problud. You cant be on VoLTE and VoWiFi in same time. Screenshoot showing you being connected to wifi calling currently. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.