by stuartdow10 Investigator
Investigator

Upgrade options are horrendous

Hi all,

I am hoping someone can offer me advice on how to get a good deal through EE upgrades.

I am happy with EE as a whole but their upgrade options seem like daylight robbery.

My current deal for an iphone 6s(expires 15th may) is £26 a month (2GB data, unlim, unlim).

I am looking for an iphone 7 and other deals online (through brokers but contract with EE) offers this phone with 8GB data for around £32 per month (£768 for whole contract)

On EE upgrade part of website the best offer on this phone with 8gb data is £43 per month with £50 handset cost + £50 early upgrade (£1132 for whole contract).

Why do EE try to give you silly upgrade offers which are no where near market average (if i want a 6s again my contract will go up by about 40%) - absolute scam!!

Can anyone help me with this?

Kind regards,

Stuart

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Upgrade options are horrendous

Hi, 

Do you understand how much handsets cost? On Apple UK website the 32 GB iPhone7 is £549 or £26.36 per month for 24 months. On top of this you then have your tariff, so the costs are not unrealistic.

Third party suppliers source their handsets from abroad and subsidise their deals. There is nothing stopping you from upgrading via them. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the community @stuartdow10

Have you spoken to our upgrades team to look into available offers for yourself?

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Hi,

Yeah to me it makes no difference if the phone is sourced from abroad - I will go for a better deal with a different provider. 

Thanks

Investigator

Hi,

Yeah I called regarding iphone 8 and the best deal they offered me was more than £200 more (over 24 months) than same contract with 02.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.