by jazzhoyt94 Investigator
Investigator

Unlocking phone and getting a PAC code

So, I have a contract with EE that’s coming to an end, I am now able to upgrade. I have bought a new phone with an EE contract (but not bought directly with EE) and want to keep my same old number. What is the best course of action to take? I have ordered a pay as you go sim with Giffgaff which I can use temporarily to swap my old number on to but do I need to get it unlocked first before I transfer my number as my original phone is locked to EE.

any help/ advice appreciated! 

Thanks 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
by Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

Re: Unlocking phone and getting a PAC code

Hi

@jazzhoyt94

If your mobile has simlock must be unlocking to working GiffGaff SIM card. Of course you need PAC code to transfer number 

Investigator

Thanks for the info! Which do I do first though, get it unlocked or request a PAC code to start the number transfer?

thanks 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

No, you don't need the phone unlocked. You don't need to put the GiffGaff SIM in the phone in order to port the no. from 1 network to another. It's just administrative actions.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Okay that’s useful thanks! So when I get my new phone I call up EE and ask for a pac code which I then give to giffgaff to swap my number over?

Highlighted
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hello @jazzhoyt94

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community today. Smiley Happy

That's correct, once you are ready to move your number across, all you need to do is contact EE and request a PAC. EE will either issue this over the phone immediately or within two hours by text. Smiley Happy

You don't need to wait until you receive your new phone, you can request your PAC at anytime and this will be valid for 30 days. If you don't use your PAC, this will expire after 30 days and you will need to request a new one from EE. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.