by nashein Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Unlocking device \ fully registered payg account.

Hi

I've requested for unlocking my phone few days ago. You're already charged me 8.99. Today I've got message that you're unable to complete my request because my account isn't fully registered. What does it even mean "fully registered"?. The phone is not lost or stolen.  I'm from aboard and I don't want to call customer serivce. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Unlocking device \ fully registered payg account.

You cannot use the unlocking form to unlock a 2nd-hand phone but your mum can if she bought it direct from EE.

To unlock a 2nd-hand phone you need to call Customer Services on 0800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Helllo @nashein is the number registered for a MY EE account online:

https://id.ee.co.uk/id/login

🙂

Valued Contributor

Hi @Profile closedYes, It does. I did it before unlocking procedure. May it be related with that I double requested for unlocking my phone(missclick)?

by
EE Employee

Hi @nashein and welcome to the community.

So I can try and assist, please may I know the following:

• Is the device second hand?
  • How did you request the unlock?
  • Is the handset the one that came with the SIM card?

Many thanks,

Lee

Valued Contributor

Hi @Lee_H

• Device is second-handed, previously belonged to my mom.
  • I've requested using online form.
  •  I got a handset and a SIM card separately.

Regards 

by
EE Employee

Hi @nashien

You will need to get in touch with customer services as you are unable to unlock second hand devices via the form.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

You cannot use the unlocking form to unlock a 2nd-hand phone but your mum can if she bought it direct from EE.

To unlock a 2nd-hand phone you need to call Customer Services on 0800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@XRaySpeX @Lee_H

As far as I know the phone was on pay monthly and mum upgraded handset to iphone. I'll ask her if she can do that. But there is another question. Why EE Unlock Team already charged me 8.99 for that request? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@nashein  EE charge you as you didn’t get the device yourself from EE,  only the original owner can get a device unlocked for free and only when the contract has reached its minimum term. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Maybe cuz it was a contract phone & not PAYG as you said.

She will need to supply to the form the no. it used to have & not the PAYG SIM no. you have. It's the phone that needs unlocking not the SIM. It will first show her current phone on that number & ask whether that is the device you want to unlock? If not, she will then have to type in the IMEI of the old phone. 

Valued Contributor

@XRaySpeX @Chris_B

I think I am well informed right now. 

Thanks for help. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.