This page is no longer active

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

by RupeWaitari
Explorer

Unlocking UK 'phone from New Zealand

I'm hoping this message is going to the EE Help Desk? My 'phone number is xxxxxxxxxxxxx

On the 17 December I submitted a request to leave my contract as I am now living in New Zealand permanently.

by going into this site I see that I have been given a PUK Code, and also from speaking to EE Help they gave me a PAC code.

My question is how do I now go about using these various codes so to insert my new NZ provider's SIM.

Will EE send me a text, or, preferable communicate on this site, as I cannot seem to get my 'phone to go onto roaming.

Looking forward to your reply,

Regards,

Alasdair

[Mod edit: Please do not include personal/private information when making a public post. Thanks!]

1 REPLY 1
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Unlocking UK 'phone from New Zealand

This is a user discussion forum, not EE's Help Desk.

The PUK & PAC are not for unlocking your phone.

You need to get a free EE PAYG SIM for it, register an online a/c for it and top it up with at least £21 to cover the unlocking fee and apply to EE to unlock it using Unlocking your device. Whether you can do this from abroad I'm uncertain.

If your contract hasn't yet been cancelled and you haven't used your PAC you may be able to do it by just using the above form.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.