by julius367
Explorer

Unlock EE iphone 5c roaming

Hi! I just purcessed in Romania a second hand iPhone 5c that is locked on EE UK. I don't have any idea how the first owner purcessed the phone and how did he pay for it, or not, or if it is black listed somehow. When I try to unlock it via web, at one point i have to fill in the billing address. If i put my own Romanian address doesn't work. Also I don't know what to choose (Pay monthly, Pay as you go or SIM only).

How can I find out if I can unlock it online, even if I have to pay the 9 pounds?

In Romania it is way too expencive. Please help me!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: How to unlock 2nd-hand phone from EE network

The 0800 no. is only free within the UK but you can call it free over Skype.

You can check the IMEI yourself using CheckMend.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

How to unlock 2nd-hand phone from EE network

You can't unlock a 2nd hand phone using the online unlocking form.

To unlock a 2nd-hand phone you need to call Customer Services to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. Use the landlines numbers in my sig. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock.

But even so beware that EE could still refuse to unlock it. Many phones sold 2nd-hand have been reported lost or stolen, have been sold by the original owner when under 6 months old without EE's permission or have money owing on them.

If that is the case your only remedy is against whoever you got the phone from.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by julius367
Explorer

I have an EE SIM in my phone, using roaming, and having 0 credit. I tried before to call the free of charge number, it rings 2 - 4 times and that's it. If I call the free number using a Romanian phone, is it still free, or do I have to call from UK?

Is there a way to check if the phone is blacklisted using IMEI?

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

The 0800 no. is only free within the UK but you can call it free over Skype.

You can check the IMEI yourself using CheckMend.

View solution in original post

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.