Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Unboxing Samsung Galaxy S10: What you need to know

Samsung has launched three versions of their latest smartphone: Galaxy S10, S10+ and S10e. Can't decide which to pick? Learn about their features and functions here.

Samsung Galaxy S10+ 

Community_2.pngSamsung Galaxy S10+

The Galaxy S10+ is the biggest of the bunch, with a 6.4-inch curved display. It also features the most cameras – three on the back and two on the front. The three lenses on the back let you capture wide and ultra-wide-angle shots, as well as zoomed in images. The two front-facing cameras help you take stunning selfies with blurred backgrounds.

All three phones are seriously fast and come with plenty of internal storage space to keep your photos, videos and music handy. But the Galaxy S10+ is also available in a 12GB and 1TB version – put simply, that means it’s more powerful than most laptops and can store thousands of films and hundreds of thousands of photos.

An Ultrasonic Fingerprint Scanner means you can quickly and securely open your phone by placing your finger on the screen, even in the rain and in bright sunlight. Plus, the PowerShare feature lets you share your battery power with other compatible phones simply by placing the phones on top of each other.

Community_3.pngThe full range of Sansung Galaxy S10 phones

Samsung Galaxy S10 

The Samsung Galaxy S10 has many of the same features as its bigger brother, but in a more compact frame with a 6.1-inch curved display. It still has three cameras on the back, but only one on the front.

And just like the Galaxy S10+, the Galaxy S10 features Samsung’s new Infinity-O Display. This new type of display is almost completely uninterrupted – there’s no home button, no black bars across the top and barely any bezels around the edges. Just a small dot in the top corner where the front-facing camera sits (two cameras on the S10+).

It means the Galaxy S10 is great for immersing yourself in films and TV shows, or for showing off your photos and browsing websites.

Samsung Galaxy S10e

The Galaxy S10e is designed for people who like compact phones that fit easily into their hand and lifestyle. The Galaxy S10e has a 5.8-inch Infinity-O Display, but unlike the other two phones, this one is flat and stretches from side to side. It all boils down to a matter of personal preference – some like curved screens, while others prefer flat ones.

The Galaxy S10e is the most affordable of the three phones and that’s partly due to having two cameras on the back instead of three and one camera on the front. A 16-megapixel ultra-wide lens and 12-megapixel zoom lens helps you capture epic cinematic shots and detailed close-ups from far away.

A Side Fingerprint Scanner lets you quickly and securely unlock your phone while holding it naturally – so you don’t have to enter in a PIN, passcode, or scramble around for the fingerprint scanner on the back of the phone.

Finally, all three phones also feature Samsung’s new user-interface, One UI. It basically makes using your Galaxy S10 much easier. The way you navigate your phone and perform everyday tasks has been redesigned, so it’s simpler to use your phone with just one hand. And there’s even a new Night mode that helps you view content more comfortably in low light.

Pre-order your Samsung Galaxy S10 >

Find out more about why you should get a Samsung Galaxy on EE>

211 REPLIES 211
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Unboxing Samsung Galaxy S10: What you need to know

If you need someone to come to London and have a little play with any S10 handsets you have to do a review I'm sticking my hands up Man Very Happy

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Profile closed
Not applicable

I am really disappointed right now.

I took out anytime upgrade iphone XS £88 a month a few months ago and was told i could upgrade to ANY device after 14 days. So i want the new S10+ only to find out i can't choose that phone . Ridiculous

by Profile closed
Not applicable

So my current plan is £88 a month and the Samsung plan i want is the AU £83 a month.  I was under the impression from sales advisors in store that i could indeed upgrade to any phone i want after 14 days.  Did they just lie to me to get me to take out the iPhone in the first place?

I have read through the AU page and it does not state my plan has to be the same price or higher..

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Profile closed wrote:

So my current plan is £88 a month and the Samsung plan i want is the AU £83 a month.  I was under the impression from sales advisors in store that i could indeed upgrade to any phone i want after 14 days.  Did they just lie to me to get me to take out the iPhone in the first place?

I have read through the AU page and it does not state my plan has to be the same price or higher..

You need to read the T&Cs.

Here is a screenshot clearly stating it has to be the same price or high20190221_081303.jpg

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Somehow i have managed to upgrade thanks to the upgrade team. It said £83 on the website for the S10+ 512GB but he did it for same price as my current plan so im happy now 😄

by

Thanks for the update @Profile closed

Glad you got it sorted.

Enjoy your new phone when it arrives! Smiley Happy

James

by Beany96 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Do you get the buds with that plan?

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Yes i did and free wireless charger 😄

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Profile closed wrote:

Somehow i have managed to upgrade thanks to the upgrade team. It said £83 on the website for the S10+ 512GB but he did it for same price as my current plan so im happy now 😄

So you are paying more for the same tariff?

by Profile closed
Not applicable

my current tariff is 88

Samsung s10+ on website states 83

Both upgrade anytime same data allowance. I don't know how he did it. I am not bothered to be honest.  Just happy im getting the Samsung.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

You'll be paying £120 more than the plan stated over the 2 years.

60 if you do the upgrade to S11.

Just seems rather strange you willing to pay more but get the exact same allowances.

by Vinneyc

Hi

Ordered the s10 through you ready for 8th March. I want to buy the case etc so they come on same day when will all the accesories be available will ee be doing the interest free option for accesories like cases wireless chargers rtf. How do we get onto the site etv

by

Thanks for ordering @Vinneyc 🙂

Most accessories are available to buy outright on the accessories shop, and others can be added through the add to plan shop.

I see the phone cases on the website (on the accessories page I linked to above), but aren't showing in stock yet. I'll see if I can get some more information for you.

Chris

by killyouridols08 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I'm in. Grabbed myself a good deal IMO (Well, I'm happy anyway) for a S10+ and looking forward to the 8th March.

£50 upfront, £58 p/m for unlimited calls, unlimited texts and 50gb data + Galaxy buds

by

Nice deal @killyouridols08. 😄

Thanks for ordering!

Chris

by killyouridols08 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Christopher_G wrote:

Nice deal @killyouridols08. 😄

Thanks for ordering!

Chris

You got me for another 24 months. Sorry. Smiley LOL

by Profile closed
Not applicable

I went for the S10+ 512GB Ceramic White. Free buds and wireless charger. I have been watching some Youtube reviews and i notice theirs came with a  free transparent case. According to the specs on the Samsung website it differs from region to region. Can you clarify if EE's come with the case included inside the box?

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

It does as stated on Samsung website as in the box.

by

Hi @Vinneyc

Looks like the Samsung Galaxy S10 covers are in stock on the accessories shop. 🙂

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.