by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Unable to play Fortnite using 4G

@Chattoe  Nothing yet from EE and that’s if it’s a EE issue that is. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Henryjohnson02  Does your data work for other apps ?  The connection to the server is down to Epic to allow that connection EE is not blocking a data connection or your other apps will not work.   

by Henryjohnson02 Investigator
Investigator

Yeah no problems with any other apps at all. Only fortnite I’m afraid. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@rhys_t   Virgin media being a MVNO  network use the EE network to give their customers a signal.  And any MVNO network that uses the EE network will have this issue.  For what ever reason the servers are not allowing a direct network connection from the EE network so using a VPN will not be a direct connection but a connection through a private server to the Epic servers thus by passing the direct connection from the EE network to the Epic servers. 

by colinbee101
Explorer

Anyone got this working - other than VPN? Did anyone try the suggestion of XRaySpeX to unrestrict content locking?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@colinbee101  It’s not content lock as mine it’s unrestricted.  

by colinbee101
Explorer

Thanks @Chris_B. You have not heard of any other solutions then (other than VPN)?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

by Kieranj Investigator
Investigator

Iv has the same problem for 2weeks now, still having the same problem after today’s latest update, version 3.4

by kieferjoecopp
Explorer

Just so you're aware, this issue is not caused by Fortnite, there will be configuration within EE firewalls that are blocking port access to Fortnite matchmaking servers
by Grand Master
Grand Master

by ItzJames

Hi I’m unable to play fortnite on my mobile to can you please help

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@ItzJames   Until it is found out what is causing this issue the only thing you can do is download a VPN app and use this by pass the issue. 

by Kieranj Investigator
Investigator

Point being we shouldnt have to go and do that it’s been over 2 weeks now and the time and resources havnt been spent to sort the problem out when where paying for this service 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Kieranj  If the issue is with EE they have find it.  That’s easier said than done,  but if the issue is with Epic they have to find what’s causing this, and does you data work with other apps ?  So if that’s a yes why doesn’t it work with this app.   Not as simple as you think to find a issue when everything else works with data as it should. 

by Kieranj Investigator
Investigator

It surely can’t be that hard, we’ve all gathered that it’s a connection or some sort of access problem between EE and epics game, can’t be hard to narrow it down 

by Henryjohnson02 Investigator
Investigator

I totally agree with kieranj. Chris why don’t you want to accept the fact the issue defenitly lies within the EE network? There’s pretty conclusive evidence with the issue lies within the EEs networks firewalls and stuff to connect to the fortnite servers. Just get the developers on it, all that’s required is to open a port to allow incoming and outcoming connections... 

by Kieranj Investigator
Investigator

Hand the network over to some 10year old hacker he’ll have the problem sorted in half hour 😉

by ashley-johnson
Visitor

Can’t play fortnite on 4G

I’m unable to play Fortnite Mobile on 4G

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Can’t play fortnite on 4G

@ashley-johnson  Until the issue is found this is causing this issue you can use a VPN to get around this issue. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.