by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Unable to play Fortnite using 4G

@Lee_H  Not giving up yet I’ve still got 13% battery left.     

by JordanMcDonnell
Explorer

Hi there, anyone know of a fix to this issue yet? I have tried rebooting my phone (iPhone X) and still no luck with the connection error message, someone help me plzzz 😭

by Henryjohnson02 Investigator
Investigator

Please help me too. Fortnite won’t work for me. 

by JordanMcDonnell
Explorer

I just wanna play it man, I’m seeing all these other people play this game on there phone on 4G but I can’t 😕 cmon EE help me!! 😭😭😭

by Ruariwilson

I’m on Virgin but had the same issue (Virgin runs of the EE network). This issue is simply solved using any VPN (you can download one for free on the App Store). This fix has worked perfectly for me and I hope it helps you too. 

by c4curtis Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I’m going to try reboot and turn off cellular data but how possible is it to get a proper fix for this?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@c4curtis  Install a free VPN is works first time.   I just installed OravoProtect.    There must be a network connection issue with this game/server with iPhones.  

by darylb Investigator
Investigator

@Chris_B if it was a connection issue with the server for iPhones everyone would have this issue, but it’s just limited to anyone who’s network is EE. We shouldn’t have to bypass it with a vpn to be able to play it. Could someone in the technical look into why this isn’t working on the EE network and report back to us?

Thanks

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@darylb  Sorry I mean the connection with iPhones on the EE network.  

by darylb Investigator
Investigator

Will this be something that EE are going to be looking into?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@darylb  You bet.  

@Lee_H @Richard_C @James_B @Leanne_T @Christopher_G

Please push this to the relevant team to look into.   This apparently and  appears to be a EE/iPhone only issue.  The work around at the moment is to use a VPN.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @Chris_B

We will let you all know when we have further information.

Thanks, Leanne.

Established Contributor

Thanks guys so grateful so the quick turn out hopefully will get fixed in the mean time i'l use a VPN but not Onavo haven't you saw the news about that? It's really scary I wouldn't use it at all Wired.com

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@c4curtis  I’ll have a look at that.  I only installed that one as it was a previous download I had.   

by Chattoe Contributor
Contributor

I’ve been having the same issue since I got the invite on Thursday. Can we have some one from EE get on this and sort it out ASAP please.. in the mean time what vpn are people using 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Chattoe EE are looking it to it but they need to find the issue that’s causing this because there is no  apparent reason on why it wouldn’t work. It could just be the Eipc game servers are not allowing the connection and they need to correct the issue.  

If data is working for everything else then EE have don’t know where to start looking if it’s a network data issue.  The reason I say this is because Snapchat did a app update that caused a data connection issue over cellular for EE customers and they had to fix the issue as it was their update that’s caused the issue and not EEs network. 

Has anyone reached out to Epic ?   

by Chattoe Contributor
Contributor

Let’s hope it’s a little problem.

yes I reached out to epic twice on their fortnite twitter handle and haven’t had a reply at all 

by Chattoe Contributor
Contributor

@Chris_Bwrote:

@Chattoe EE are looking it to it but they need to find the issue that’s causing this because there is no  apparent reason on why it wouldn’t work. It could just be the Eipc game servers are not allowing the connection and they need to correct the issue.  

If data is working for everything else then EE have don’t know where to start looking if it’s a network data issue.  The reason I say this is because Snapchat did a app update that caused a data connection issue over cellular for EE customers and they had to fix the issue as it was their update that’s caused the issue and not EEs network. 

Has anyone reached out to Epic ?   

Let’s hope it’s a little problem.

yes I reached out to epic twice on their fortnite twitter handle and haven’t had a reply at all 

Established Contributor

I've posted on reddit hopefully this can get upvoted

by Chattoe Contributor
Contributor

You got a link I’ll upvote 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.