by TobyC Investigator
Investigator

Unable to make calls or send texts in France

We have recently moved our contracts and mobile numbers from Vodafone to EE. We arrived in Switzerland on Thursday and received the Welcome text saying that our plan included calls, texts and data at no extra cost. We moved to France and received a similar message.

We are still in France and neither of us can make calls or send texts from our phones. Texts try sending and then have an "i" next to them and "Not delivered" below. When I try phoning somebody, I either get a message in French saying that my subscription doesn't allow them to transfer my call and to contact customer services or the call simply beeps and then shows "Call ended"

I did receive an eMail today while away from any WiFi connection so it appears that data roaming might be working unless there was a free site somewhere.

What can I do to fix this? I cannot call 150 or the other number provided.

10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Unable to make calls or send texts in France

@TobyC   Have you tried restarting the devices ?  

by TobyC Investigator
Investigator

I have tried turning it (iPhone SE) off and back on but no change. I have also tried turning 4G to Off and to Data Only but this eems to make no difference.

by Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

@TobyC Have you tried resets iPhone pressing home button with pawer button the same time and hold until showing Apple  logo on screen? And also reset network settings? Maybe later need connect to WiFi to update network settings. 

by TobyC Investigator
Investigator

I have tried the power/home button reset and no change. I am connectd to WiFi but do not know how to reset the network settings. A friend did manage to send me a text last night but I cannot reply to it.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @TobyC

Thanks for coming to the community.

As you are getting this message when you try and make a call we will need to look into this for you.

I recommend logging into your My EE account on your phone's browser (not the app) or a computer.

Once you're logged in, a chat window will pop up when an advisor is available.

If you can't get in contact with chat, please get in touch from an alternative phone.

Thanks, Leanne.

Highlighted
by TobyC Investigator
Investigator

I have done but all of your agents are busy.

by

Hello there @TobyC

Please keep trying or if you prefer you can call us from an alternative line on +44 (0) 7953 966 250

Thanks, Leanne.

by TobyC Investigator
Investigator

20 minutes with an agent in online chat and we are now sorted. Apparently there was a setting which he had to enable. I have no idea why it isn't enabled automatically - he did say that it could be a problem with a credit limit but we are on unlimited texts and calls so this should be irrelevant. It could have been a major problem if I had been expecting to use my phone on arrival at the airport to contact the transfer company or hotel...

by Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

@TobyC Good finally is sorted. 

by

Hello there @TobyC

Glad this is sorted.

Thanks for coming back and letting us know.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.