by DAJ Investigator
Investigator

Unable to contact EE customer service, if it exists

i have an international roaming pack with over 240 minutes of call time left but cannot make a call (all I get is insufficient funds), or make an SMS to any of the countries available via the International Pack, not even to the UK. I'm currently on the continent but was told by EE store when I bought the Pack that being in the EU would make no difference. But I can't contact EE to discuss the situation. Calling 150 gets me an auto response with only options to top up, no option for customer service. Identical response when calling +44 7953 966 250, the supposed EE international customer support number. Checking out customer support options through the EE App also only leads to inappropriate answers to non relevant questions. No contact with a human. If your issue falls between the cracks, there appears to be no way to contact EE. Not even an email address!

So when I return to the UK, I can visit an EE store for customer service but by that time I won't need the International Pack and will be asking for a refund.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by DAJ Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: Unable to contact EE customer service, if it exists

Just letting everyone know that a resolution has been found, thanks to EE's complaints department. A great pity that EE does not have an email address, or that their Customer Service number of 150 or the UK number are not callable from the EU when you have committed your funds to an International or Everything pack. Seems very odd that a 'European' company does not have a point of contact, other than their complaints department, for customers that are not presently in the U.K.

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33
by DAJ Investigator
Investigator

Re: EE email address

Not supporting email as an alternative seems to reflect the level of "real" customer service being (not) provided by EE. This is adding to the frustration of contacting EE when an issue arises that doesn't fit EE's preconceived ideas.

for example, my reason for contacting EE...

i have an international roaming pack with over 240 minutes of call time left but cannot make a call. I'm currently on the continent but was told by EE store when I bought the pack that being in the EU would make no difference. But I can't contact EE to discuss the situation. Calling 150 gets me an auto response with only options to top up, no option for customer service. Identical response when calling +44 7953 966 250, the supposed EE international customer support number. Checking out customer support options through the EE App also only leads to inappropriate answers to non relevant questions. No contact with a human. If your issue falls between the cracks, there appears to be no way to contact EE. Not even an email address!

frustratingly yours...

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hello @DAJ the international pack is for calling abroad from the UK not for roaming abroad. You can use your pack allowances and cheaper international calling rates within the EU however:

https://shop.ee.co.uk/international/travelling-abroad

You will need calling credit to make calls and texts abroad to any none UK or EU numbers. Your 240 minutes pack allowances are for calling UK and EU numbers only.

🙂

by DAJ Investigator
Investigator

I'm not trying to call whilst international but trying to call a country that is on the list of international countries available to International Pack users. 

At the moment I can't even call the UK from France, not even EE themselves. 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Which country are you in right now and where are you trying to call? How much calling credit have you got besides your pack allowances?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

The EE International SIM is free to obtain. You have to top it up by £10 or £15 to activate the International pack on it. Have you?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @DAJ

I see @tm90 and @XRaySpeX have asked a couple of questions above.

If you could get back to us, we will be able to explain or help further.

Thanks

Chris

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @DAJ

I see a couple of users have replied to your other post.

Please take a look and get back to us.

Chris

by DAJ Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for everyone' suggestions, unfortunately none are a solution at this point.

I have an International SIM, purchased in store with EE and a £15 International Pack. Sending BA to 150 shows me that I have 500 texts, 2.9Gb data and 246 minutes of call time, as well as unlimited calls to other EE users.

The EE store advised me, and the EE website shows, that I should be able to make calls to a number of countries, including the UK and other EU countries, as well as Australia in a list of over 20 International countries. I just tried to call an Australian landline and got an EE error message saying that I appear to not have enough credit. SMS messages to Australia are also being refused (not delivered). I have also tried to call EE in the UK, also without a positive result. A Call to 150 does not connect me to a customer support operator but only gives me options to top up my credit either by voucher or credit card.

So I have spent £15 on an Intrenational pack that will not allow me to call anyone outside of the country I am in, not even EE to find out how to resolve this issue.

I am open to any suggestion that may lead to a solution.

Thanks

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@DAJ wrote:

I should be able to make calls to a number of countries, including the UK and other EU countries, as well as Australia in a list of over 20 International countries.

But only the non-EU countries from within the UK. Where were you calling Oz from? If in France, like last time, it is not eligible.

The International SIM is meant for UK use only. However you may use your UK allowance within the EU only under the roaming rules. Oz don't count.

Pay as you go International SIM

Our pay as you go International SIM is a free SIM card that enables you to make calls abroad from the UK.

Once you’ve got your SIM, you can buy £10 and £15 International add-on packs which provide plenty of UK data, texts and minutes to use within the UK and TO 34 international destinations.

Know your options
If you’re travelling within Europe, you can use your allowance as usual, however if you’re outside Europe, you’ll be charged a standard roaming rate.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Employee

Hi @DAJ

Please see the brilliant advice given above from @XRaySpeX to help with your situation.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

But you can take your EE plan and allowances abroad in the EU so because the £10 and £15 international packs include separate calling credit for cheaper international calls these should be charged the same and calling Australia should cost the same from France as it would from the UK?

by DAJ Investigator
Investigator

The International Pack says, and I have a screen shot of the EE webpage, although not the URL, " Includes calls to the UK and 34 countries ". At the moment I can't even call the UK. There is no mention of not being used in the EU, in fact the above says I can call the UK and 34 countries (without distinction), not "includes calls to local U.K. Numbers" which would imply being in the UK (local).

I was also told by EE staff in two stores ( High Wycombe and Brighton) that I could use the International Pack on the continent to make calls to the 34 countries. And that all I had to do to contact EE customer service was to call 150, from the UK or the Continent. 

I am currently in France but cannot call the UK, including EE's international customer support number, nor does dialling 150 get me to customer support. All I get is a recorded message telling me I have insufficient funds. 

As another forum member has already pointed out, Pack funds can be used in the EU, the same as in ththe UK. Or at least this is what I was told in two EE stores and appears to be the case in reading the EE website regarding the £15 International Pack.

by DAJ Investigator
Investigator

Have replied to @XRaySpeX.

looking at the EE website you can see, as I was told in store, that EE supports EU roaming.  This, I was told, means that calls can be made in the EU the same as if in the U.K. In fact one of the reasons for moving from Three to EE was that EE is a Europe wide company that makes roaming within the EU simple. Is that not the case? Does EE support EU roaming for its customers?

EE website at https://shop.ee.co.uk/plans-and-packs/pay-as-you-go-packs says "Free EU roaming - use your pack allowance when roaming across 48 destinations in Europe". My wife and daughter both bought basic £10 packs, which we were told could not call international, and I bought £15 International Roaming pack which we were told could make international calls from these 48 European destinations to the list of foreign countries. So far, from France, I have not been able to call friends in Australia (one of the included countries), nor family in the UK, not even EE themselves on the 150 number or their international customer support number beginning with +44. 

Still frustrated Ted and feeling somewhat deceived.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Regardless of whether you can call Oz from within EU, which is moot, you should certainly be able to call UK normal nos. from EU. However this will not include 150 which is not included in any PAYG pack & is charged at 25p per call.

My theory is that these International SIMs were designed for overseas visitors to the UK to be able to call within the UK & back home for 34 overseas countries but has given no thought to what happens when these SIMs are taken abroad nor firmed up the conditions for when they are.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

The URL you want is International SIM | Free International SIM Card

Yes, it does say "Includes calls to the UK and 34 countries" but it is headlined "Calling abroad from the UK?".

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

But that is against the EU roaming regulations.

You can take your plan and allowances abroad within the EU at no extra cost it is as black and white as that.

I am not sure how much inclusive credit comes with the £15 international pack but the £10 international pack is an £8 everything pack + £2 calling credit for the cheaper call rates and therefore should be included within the EU like any other allowance.

by DAJ Investigator
Investigator

Agreed, this is the interpretation given to me at two EE stores, that EE meets the EU roaming agreement and that pack 'benefits' are usable in the EU the same as in the U.K.  EE needs to sort this out and provide the services that their website and store staff say EE provides. The EE URL that I gave earlier says that PAYG SIM Packs meet EU Roaming usage, there is no mention of 'except for the Internatioanl Roaming Pack'.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

The URL you refer to is International SIM | Free International SIM Card :

Can I use my International pack abroad?

You can use your minutes, text and data allowances while you’re travelling in the EU. Calls to the 34 destinations within your pack are only from the UK. 

However, calls to any EU country are included within your pack when roaming in the EU. If you want to call a country outside the EU or you’re travelling to a country outside the EU, you won’t be able to use your pack allowances and will be charged roaming rates during your stay. 

That's plain enough! 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

To me the first point is openly going against EU roaming regulations when the inclusive calling credit for cheaper rates to said countries is a dedicated allowance and part of the pack the same as the other minutes, texts and data allowances. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.