by 1477 Investigator
Investigator

URGENT - Router - Broadband light is red!!!!

Hi all

I am a new broadband customer to EE broadband.  

I've got my email and SMS telling me the Broadband plan is UP and RUNNING yesterday (after 20 days of wait) and when I have done all the setup as instructed by the QUICK STARTER GUIDE, the router's Broadband light is RED (power and wireless are both green).  

I've tried to turn off/on the power, router, press the "reset" button, wait yet nothing helps.  Isn't the GUIDE is supposed to give an easy and quick instruction that get everthing sorted out?  

I don't understand why i have to post here or call the hotline later to sort this thing out, while i am already being charged for not getting the services which i should be getting long time ago? 

Anyone here has got the same issue or able to help/advise?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: URGENT - Router - Broadband light is red!!!!

Thanks for taking a look at this @XRaySpeX Smiley Happy

@1477 - Please get in touch with customer services so we can take a quick look at your account.

James

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

What does it say in the Internet section on the initial Status page of the BrightBox after you log in? Obscure your names in the BB Username but post the 1st 2 parts of the IP addy. This will tell us at which stage EE have got to.

Is this for ADSL BB or Fibre? BrightBox 1 or 2?

Does the phone work? Do you get a dial tone? Does it announce your correct no. when you dial 1470 17070?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by 1477 Investigator
Investigator

The QUICK STARTER GUID didn't say i need to log in to anything.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Well, it depends on whether you want any help with your issue as you seem to have come here for. The QUICK STARTER GUIDE hasn't solved your problem!

This is peer-to-peer discussion forum where users try to help each other with their problems & I'm offering you my help. The ball's in your court.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by 1477 Investigator
Investigator

you seems to be very helpful!  Take me through it step by step then, how to go to the "initial status page"?  I am having a BrightBox(R) router.

FYI - i am not planning to use the land line and have no phone to test the dial tone.

by

Hi @1477,

Thanks for joining the EE Community.

You can view detailed information on how to login to your router in this post.

Hope this helps.

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Sorry, i misunderstood you Smiley Embarassed.

Click on http://192.168.1.1 & login as 'admin' with the admin pwd you find written on the label of the router. On the page you then see just post the Internet section obscuring your name.

by 1477 Investigator
Investigator

@XRaySpeX wrote:

Sorry, i misunderstood you Smiley Embarassed.

Click on http://192.168.1.1 & login as 'admin' with the admin pwd you find written on the label of the router. On the page you then see just post the Internet section obscuring your name.

I am very bad with tech stuff so thanks for helping.  Below is what I am seeing in the internet section, does that tell anything more info.? 

Brandband Type - ADSL

Broadband State and Internet State - Disconnected

There's not much other info. provided under status.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

EE has not yet connected you up to BB at all. There is nowt you can do at your end but keep chasing EE.

by
Solution

Thanks for taking a look at this @XRaySpeX Smiley Happy

@1477 - Please get in touch with customer services so we can take a quick look at your account.

James

View solution in original post

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.