by Nickjhf99 Investigator
Investigator

Travel data pass problems

I am in Australia. I signed up to the Travel Pass, and it still shows in my account. 2 days in and I have lost connectivity, and get a txt from 1024 telling me I have no data left and will have to buy a roaming data package. In 2 days I used 246mb of data over the Aussie network, not even close to the limit. WTF EE?

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Travel data pass problems

Hi @Nickjhf99, They are based on a 24 hour period, from UK Midnight time, does that explain it? At midnight UK time, your pass turns into a pumpkin and expires.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

No, I'm wrong aren't I. If it was midnight the pass would auto-renew wouldn't it.

Have you checked your phones data usage menu to see if there's an app or service using too much data? Are you including data in and out?

Investigator

Thanks chistery for trying to help. Yeah I think you were wrong, and as I posted I used 246MB of data over the Aussie network in the first 2 days. The allowance is 500MB per day. I have been waiting for a response from 150 for well over an hour now. Really not happy with EE at the moment...

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Nickjhf99

Welcome to the community, I hope you're having a brilliant time down-under. 🙂

Our customer service team should be able to look into why this is happening for you.

I recommend logging into your My EE account on your phone's browser (not the app) or a computer. Once you're logged in, a chat window will pop up when an advisor is available.

If you can't get in contact with chat, please get in touch from an alternative phone.

Enjoy the rest of your trip 🙂

Chris

Investigator

Thanks Christopher_g, 

I hope I will be able to enjoy the rest of my time down here, but horrified to see from my account that EE want to charge me 95GBP for not answering me in my efforts to get this problem solved, I can't believe it!!! Charges mostly for trying to get connected to someone via 150!!!!

by

Have you tried the live chat that I mentioned, @Nickjhf99?

They'll be able to look into this and see what they can do about that charge too.

Please let me know how you get on.

Chris

Investigator

Hi Chris, yes thanks a chat window did finally pop up and a lot of haggling they credited me back for the wasted 150 calls. Many thanks for your help ☺ 

by

Morning @Nickjhf99

Thanks for coming back and letting us know.

Have a lovely Sunday 🙂

Investigator

I am now 1 week in New Zealand. After 5 days the same thing happens. I call EE and they tell me I've used up my monthly allowance. My data usage shows clearly 737mb used on the "Sparks NZ" network in the last 30 days. They apologise again, and say they can offer me 100mb free! Many thanks but I just want what you sold me. 500mb per day. And to cut me off without warning is not acceptable.???

Investigator

And this exchange is all via free WiFi☺ 

Read more

by

Hi @Nickjhf99,

I'm sorry to hear you have encountered this issue again. Please get back in touch via My EE so a member of the customer service team can take another look at your account.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.