by Tom81237 Contributor
Contributor

Tmobile 6 month internet booster termination

On september 15 2016 i purchased a 6 month internet booster for my mobile, however in october it disappeared off my account for some reason and i found out this happened to other people as well, since then i have had to phone up ee every month to get the 6 months booster back that i have been owed however, this month when i went to get my last month of the 6 months booster, i was redirected on the phone for no reason whatsoever and told i have to purchase a 6 month booster again because i exceeded the fair use policy which makes no sense because tmobile states they only slow you down when you exceed it and no where does it say they can terminate your account for exceeding this data amount, can someone please tell me if they can terminate your booster or not as i feel afraid to buy another booster and i have been purchasing boosters for years and have not had this problem, thankyou.

Also i believe the unlimited 6 month booster is truely unlimited since that is what it is advertised as and no where in the terms and conditions did i see that you can have the booster terminated for exceeding the fair use policy, if this is true however, then this is illegal as the customer is not informed of this and it is false advertising.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Termination of my 6 month internet booster

Hello @Tom81237 you can find the terms for the 6month web booster in the T-Mobile PAYG call charges guide (page 18). Both the fair usage limit and possibility of line restrictions are mentioned:

http://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/Help-PDFs/TM-PAYG-NONSTDMIX-280416-v4.pdf

There is no account access allowed on this public forum to check why your booster is not working or to re-apply it I am sorry, this would have to go through customer service on 150 from your T-Mobile phone or 07953 966 150 from any other. 🙂 

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
by Tom81237 Contributor
Contributor

Termination of my 6 month internet booster

On september 15 2016 i purchased a 6 month internet booster for my mobile, however in october it disappeared off my account for some reason and i found out this happened to other people as well, since then i have had to phone up ee every month to get the 6 months booster back that i have been owed however, this month when i went to get my last month of the 6 months booster, i was redirected on the phone for no reason whatsoever and told i have to purchase a 6 month booster again because i exceeded the fair use policy which makes no sense because tmobile states they only slow you down when you exceed it and no where does it say they can terminate your account for exceeding this data amount, can someone please tell me if they can terminate your booster or not as i feel afraid to buy another booster and i have been purchasing boosters for years and have not had this problem, thankyou.

Also i believe the unlimited 6 month booster is truely unlimited since that is what it is advertised as and no where in the terms and conditions did i see that you can have the booster terminated for exceeding the fair use policy, if this is true however, then this is illegal as the customer is not informed of this and it is false advertising.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Tmobile 6 month internet booster termination

@Tom81237  Can you please point me in the direction of where it's says it's "unlimited".      As far as I know it's 6 months internet with a cap of 3Gb for the 6 months.and after that it's a 2G connection once the 3Gb is used up.  If your using using the 3Gb up and than using a lot more data than you could be going beyond the fair usage policy.   

by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Hello @Tom81237 you can find the terms for the 6month web booster in the T-Mobile PAYG call charges guide (page 18). Both the fair usage limit and possibility of line restrictions are mentioned:

http://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/Help-PDFs/TM-PAYG-NONSTDMIX-280416-v4.pdf

There is no account access allowed on this public forum to check why your booster is not working or to re-apply it I am sorry, this would have to go through customer service on 150 from your T-Mobile phone or 07953 966 150 from any other. 🙂 

by Tom81237 Contributor
Contributor

Re: Tmobile 6 month internet booster termination

My mistake they have changed it from unlimited 6 months to just 6 months on the website. However, using the 3gb up does not mean they can terminate the booster for the rest of the month as this is not pointed out anywhere, the only thing they do is slow you down to 2g speeds which is reasonable and i do not download or stream anything whatsoever on my phone i only use websites such as facebook etc. This is what has confused me about the whole thing esepcially since this has never happened before and only one ee representative has told me about this. Furthermore, the fair use polocy website link does not work anymore so things aren't very clear, all i want to know is if they can actually terminate the booster or not, thanks 😃

by Tom81237 Contributor
Contributor

thankyou for the link to the fair use policy stuff tom, i have noticed it only says they will restrict how you use the internet, which i have always done when i go over the fair use policy however, it does not say they can terminate my booster which means i have been treated wrongly perhaps 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Tom81237 by restriction that does include a complete restriction (termination) of the service and is not limited to just speed caps or daily/monthly limits. 

A complete restriction does not happen often however, if you feel that this has been a technical error instead and the booster has dropped off your account customer service should be able to look into this for you. 🙂 

by Tom81237 Contributor
Contributor

Thankyou for answering my questions, it has been most helpful 😃

by Tom81237 Contributor
Contributor

To be honest though they should point this out in there terms more clearly as the wording does not suggest they can delete your booster completely of your account 

by Tom81237 Contributor
Contributor

The whole situation has left me confused as i never download or stream any content, i think it must be a technical fault i will have to speak to ee on the phone thankyou 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Tom81237 I have replied to your PM. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.