by Kellymr87 Contributor
Contributor

Re: The new 4G Samsung Galaxy Watch - buy yours today

I've had it since 24th November. It seemed fine at first but it's been
going worse and worse.
by matt-edwards Contributor
Contributor

Does anyone know the current stock levels for the 46mm? I ordered Friday, told 1 in stock for Monday delivery now being told no stock but online chat if you ask without signing in say 6 in stock. 

by Bearpaul
Explorer

Don't understand as I have had my 46mm 4g on for 2 days so far and still got 40%. May have to talk to CS possible dodgy one

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @matt-edwards

It's great to hear your looking at the Samsung Watch on EE. 

It is showing out of stock, however it is available to order and to expect dispatch within 7 days.

Hope this helps, 

Katie 🙂

by Kellymr87 Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a Samsung watch (42mm) one.

The battery is shocking. It's been on charge during the night, I put it on at 7.30am this morning before work and its already dead. I've had a few emails through but other than that, I've not even used it.

Has there been any other feedback about it? Considering it's supposed to have a fantastic battery and I've only had it on for 5 hours with little use and it died!!

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Kellymr87

How long have you had your watch?

I would recommend speaking with our technical team who can look at this further for you 

Let me know how you get on,

Katie 🙂

by Sheggers Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I have the 42 one and at first the battery was a bit crap, but I ran it down to nothing then gave a good charge and that seemed to make a difference. I've had mine on since around 9.30 this morning and on 95% battery.

Get Outlook for Android
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Kellymr87 wrote:

I purchased a Samsung watch (42mm) one.

The battery is shocking. It's been on charge during the night, I put it on at 7.30am this morning before work and its already dead. I've had a few emails through but other than that, I've not even used it.

Has there been any other feedback about it? Considering it's supposed to have a fantastic battery and I've only had it on for 5 hours with little use and it died!!

What settings do you have turned on?

The fantastic battery life Samsung claims is with all mods and cons turned off and no use.

You'll never get the amount of days Samsung claims.

I get 3 days out of mine

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android 10 Beta)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Tuffcutter Investigator
Investigator

I have a 46mm and the battery is so poor. I have put the brightness to 2, turned off Wi-Fi, bt, bezel wake up and wake up motion. I charge it at least once a day if not twice and it still dies. 

And I though the gear sport had a poor battery life. 

Established Contributor

I have the Wi-Fi etc turned on on mine, all notifications i.e email, texts, calls etc and my battery life seems to last for around 18-24 hours 

by Kellymr87 Contributor
Contributor

Mine is the opposite. It seemed ok at first but now it's really bad.
Not even touched it and its died after 5 hours. It died yesterday so it's
had a full charge and showed it was at 100% this morning before I left for
work.
Considering the battery life should out last my phone battery, I'm not
impressed. Especially as I'm paying for it and not getting the full benefit
of it.
Established Contributor

You may want to speak to ee about it as that's not right. Mine is now on 91% from 9.30 this morning. 

by charleem Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Are any of you currently experiencing the issues with being unable to make or receive calls when the watch is connected to 4G?  I just posted this on another thread...

I'm amazed that there isn't more about these issues.

I have a Galaxy Watch 4G and I'm using it with a Note 9 purchased direct from Samsung.

Originally it was working fine, then there was an update, since then when the watch is in standalone mode, no one can call me.  If I leave without my phone and the watch switches over to 4G, when anyone on a mobile phone calls me they're immediately cut off, if someone calls me from a landline they get the network busy tone.  Calls from mobile phones show as a missed call on my mobile.

As well as being unable to receive calls when the watch is connected to 4G, I'm also unable to dial out from the watch.  I can still send text messages as long as the phone is connected to wifi or mobile data.

I've spoken to 2nd line tech support and they've said that there's currently over 5000 customers with this same issue, the last update Samsung released has caused this issue and they're working on it as a priority.  There's currently no information as to when this will be fixed.

by schrodinger56 Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I was on the phone to EE for about an hour last night ending up with a Level 2 person and it was determined that the last update to the Watch 4.0.0.1 has adversely affected the Watch such that if your mobiles is connected to your Watch then anyone ringing your mobile number will not be able to get through.  The advice was to switch the Watch off and wait until a fix from EE/Samsung is pushed out.  This is on their urgent list as EE/Samsung don't want this to marr any potential sales.  I was given a months credit on the Watch so I encourage anyone experiencinng this issue to contact EE to report it and request similar as clearly you are unable to use the Watch to its fullest extent.

by exwafu Contributor
Contributor

Whilst the watch is very good it's somewhat a Rip off. I was going to buy outright th 46mm non 4G version but was persuaded by the EE salesman in the shop to buy the contract version as the advantage is you do not have to have your phone with you to make and receive calls. He insisted that it is a major advantage when abroad as you can leave your phone in the hotel room. Imagine my disappointment when only a week later travelling through Europe to find this is NOT true. That function only works in the UK, despite me emphasising the use abroad. I might as well have got the bought outright option!!! EE need to get their act together and ensure their staff are properly trained. I will be having a deep discussion with EE on my return in January as it is my contention that the watch under this guise is not fit for purpose. It MUST be made clear that it will only work 4G/Calls in the UK and that you need your phone with you abroad!!!! Very disappointed 

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@exwafu  Provided it works in the UK as advertised then it is fit for purpose. Unfortunately the sales person got it wrong but EE have advised that it only works with cellular in the UK. 

Please read THIS “click the legal bit” and have a read.  

by exwafu Contributor
Contributor

That's my point. The salesperson should know therefore if this is not pointed out then buying the non 4G is a better option AND far cheaper at £299 rather than £480 on contract. EE should make sure their staff are familiar with the product. I will still be having words with them!!!! 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

If the sales man has to point out every small print detail you'd be in thebstore ornon phone all day.

It is up to the consumer to read the T&Cs 

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android 10 Beta)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by exwafu Contributor
Contributor

Dr. It is NOT a small detail. It is in fact a rather major one. They are supposed to be the experts and when quizzed by me what was the advantage of the 4G over the non 4G version he should have know!!!!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@exwafu   I know you are also given a copy of the T&Cs of the contract to read at a store when you take on a contract did you even read it before signing up to the contract?  

One could argue that all you saw was shining new toy and just signed the contract without reading it. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.