iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X and Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + 4G)
This page is no longer active

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Highlighted
by
Investigator

T-mobile broadband is NOT unlimited email and web. TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE WRONG

Having just spent 90 minutes on the phone to T-mobile customer service about why my mobile broadband keeps getting cut off I have had the following answer repeatedly.

1. It is not unlimited. I am redirected to a booster page where I get to "buy" a free 250Mb add on and CAN ONLY DO THIS ONCE.

2. There was apparantly a notification of this change but I never received it. I also made a choice of mobile phone contract for my phone based on there being unlimited email and web at home. This turned out to be factually incorrect (see point 1)

3. There is a fault with the proxy page that allows you to buy the free booster or paid for boosters. The page often doesn't appear and you are without internet. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE AND IS A WASTE OF MY TIME

4. Separately to the discussion about the phone contract I also within the last 2 weeks had a discussion about my email not working from my laptop on mobile broadband and everything else was fine. We had a discussio about the unlimited email and web then and it was confirmed the I still had it. No pending change was mentioned.

For anyone who would like reminded about the terms and conditions, here they are

T-mobile customer help:

http://help.ee.co.uk/system/selfservice.controller?TOPIC_ID=135081&TOPIC_TYPE=0&STARTING_ID=0&TOPIC_...

See the section "Everything you need to know about tethering and mobile broadband"

Click "Fair use policy"

The fair use policy in the section "everything you need to know about tethering and mobile broadband" is here

http://help.ee.co.uk/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1016&PARTITION_ID=1&secureFlag=fals...

"T-Mobile is still the only operator offering unlimited browsing and emailing, and not automatically charging expensive run-on rates after reaching your Fair Use Policy."

"Even after you have reached your Fair Use Policy, you’ll still be able to use your Mobile Broadband for text and image based browsing and emailing. So you can still browse websites, log in to Facebook, check your Hotmail or view the news on the BBC - and we won’t charge you any extra."

This contradicts the 250Mb free only.

Nothing in the above refers specifically to mobile broadband or tethering.

I am absolutely fine about youtube being blocked. I am NOT HAPPY AT ALL about an "unlimited" service meaning 250Mb free extension once a month only and it taking 20 minutes to bring up the page to buy a booster paid or otherwise.

Complaint being drafted to ofcom.

10 REPLIES
by
Established Contributor

Re: T-mobile broadband is NOT unlimited email and web. TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE WRONG

YOu can keep on applying that 250MB though. i was annoyed myself. but the OP came up with some random BS about the terms

EE Super Slow Broadband https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAWxSiIqTL8&
Actually syncing at 76Mb. no line errors and 380 hours uptime. probably lack of capacity so they cap to 13mbps
by
Grand Master

Re: T-mobile broadband is NOT unlimited email and web. TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE WRONG

When people are angry they are tunnel visioned. They don't gwt the whole facts first. Happens 99% of times on here
Brendon

If you think I helped please take time to press the button below
Community guidelines

EE Contact Details...

150 from EE Mobile
0800 956 6000 (Option 5) from any other phone
0800 079 8586 Home Broadband & EE TV

by
Investigator

If I've missed anything in my factual understanding of this, please let me know.

I've already contacted Which Legal Service.

by
Established Contributor

siliconglen wrote:

If I've missed anything in my factual understanding of this, please let me know.

I've already contacted Which Legal Service.

Which wont help. they are a scam service

you still get unlimited but just have to keep on adding a free bundle

Actually syncing at 76Mb. no line errors and 380 hours uptime. probably lack of capacity so they cap to 13mbps
by
Investigator

When I speak to T-mobile I am told repeatedly the free bundle can only be added ONCE. Adding it multiple times means you can't even buy a paid booster. The problem I am getting is that the proxy page to buy the booster doesn't appear every time you just get "the page can't be displayed" or "we can't show you your boosters just now" and then there is no internet.

As someone who works as an IT Consultant, I can tell much of this from T-mobile is a contact centre agent reading from a script  and spouting the company line rather than a genuine understanding of the problem.

by
Established Contributor

siliconglen wrote:

When I speak to T-mobile I am told repeatedly the free bundle can only be added ONCE. Adding it multiple times means you can't even buy a paid booster. The problem I am getting is that the proxy page to buy the booster doesn't appear every time you just get "the page can't be displayed" or "we can't show you your boosters just now" and then there is no internet.

As someone who works as an IT Consultant, I can tell much of this from T-mobile is a contact centre agent reading from a script  and spouting the company line rather than a genuine understanding of the problem.

Looks like in the typical EE fashion they lied to you... The Bundle can keep getting added till you're next billing period. and you can buy a paid booster after adding it just let it run out or use it. Simples

and the other problem is due to there crappy systems.

by
Explorer

I have been unable to connect since the weekend and T-Mobile/EE have been totally unhelpful, refused to call me to discuss the situation and told me my only option was to call a premium rate number. I can only get as far as the purchase/error page and there is no information given as to why. Am I to assume that I have been cut off or is there a problem their end? They can't/won't say unless I call them. Really bad servicce and will also be complaining to Ofcom.

by
Grand Master

Firstly. Ofcom doesnt deal with individual cases.

Secondly even if they did because you refuse to ring them to give them chance to sort the problems out ofcpm would refuse to help you.
Brendon

Community guidelines

EE Contact Details...

150 from EE Mobile

by

my main grip is prior to january 2014 I was getting 2gb per month and they have lowered it now to 250mb..so I have cancelled my direct debit

by
Grand Master

Cancelling your direct debit will harm you not EE.
Brendon

Community guidelines

EE Contact Details...

150 from EE Mobile

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.