by Ducksta Investigator
Investigator

Struggling to connect PS4 to mini 4gee

Hi there, I received my mini 4gee mobile wifi device 3days ago.......it's black and yellow 2.5" sq. roughly. I have been able to connected my phone to it and browse no problem, I've logged on and had a look about on the router settings too. 

I can "connect" my router to my PS4 or should I say PS4 to router, but that's as far as it goes. When the internet connection test begins it obtains the IP address and then fails on internet connection.

I primarily wanted this device just for gaming anyway as I have enough data on my phone plan already. The location where I live is rural but have 4G with 3 green LED lights showing (pretty good). 

My console connects to our feebal broadband fine (speeds are low-hence the mobile data plans) and can complete all tests and be online no problem. 

Please can can someone help otherwise I will have to cancel the mobile plan. Many thanks in advance James 

23 REPLIES 23
by
EE Employee

Re: Struggling to connect PS4 to mini 4gee

Hi @Ducksta and welcome to the community.

Just so we can rule out any issues, please can we get you to try and connect your devices to your phone via tethering, this way we can rule out if its the device or connection.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Smithybeans
Explorer

Hi there.

i am also having the same issue.

i am able to connect phone / laptop to the internet fine, but am not able to connect the ps4

by Ducksta Investigator
Investigator

Apologies but a lot of these phrases and abbreviations are beyond me....what do you mean by tethering? Many thanks for your reply though. I've tried connecting my Sony Bravia smart TV.....no joy.....tried my PS3.....no joy....&I tried my PS4 no joy. These have tried to be connected prior to this "tethering" you mentioned. Can you please explain to me in idiot form lol.

Sent from my iPhone
by Ducksta Investigator
Investigator

Frustrating isn't it. Will let you know if I have any joy. Tried all sorts over the weekend as per advice online....nothing!! it just gets a bit further doing it through "custom" set-up but fails still on internet connection. But I can browse online when using the mini wifi on my iPhone.....

Sent from my iPhone
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Ducksta,

Have you tried contacting Sony support to see if they can help you with the setup?

Thanks

James

by Ducksta Investigator
Investigator

I haven't tried contacting Sony yet, my PlayStation 3 & 4 don't connect to the internet, my Sony Bravia 55" 4K smart TV doesn't connect also my daughters JVC smart tv doesn't connect......pointing me to the direction of this being an internet service provider error.

Sent from my iPhone
by

Hi @Ducksta,

As you have had the same issue with multiple devices, please get in touch with customer services so our technical team can run through some diagnostics with you.

Thanks

James

by Ducksta Investigator
Investigator

I've tried this morning was on for an hour and the operator said there were difficulties with "their" system so couldn't run the checks on my profile. I've got a feeling after my research over the weekend it's either, my router isn't allowing these devices to connected due to a security setting (but why allow my phone) or PlayStation/Sony end. But I can connect my play stations & TVs to my talk talk BB no problem, they just run extremely slow hence needing a stand-alone device dedicated for gaming on my PS4. (**update-been upgraded to level 2 via call centre

Sent from my iPhone
by

Thanks for the update @Ducksta

Let us know what happens next.

James

by Smithybeans
Explorer

Hi there

i too am having the same issue but the WiFi is working for laptop and for iPhone.

it appears there is some issue with the WiFi and PlayStation have suggested some solutions for the lan settings which has not solved the problem

i get an error code NW-31253-4.

it appears it recognises the WiFi but wont allow internet access.

regards

tom 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Try switching the MBB router from IPv6 to IPv4 if you can.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ducksta Investigator
Investigator

Ee raised the issue to a "level 2" they said it was because my router had a dynamic IP addy as apposed to static. Couldn't offer me what I need so cancelling. And left baffled.

Sent from my iPhone
by Ducksta Investigator
Investigator

Yeah exactly same here mate tried all sorts no joy Ee raised the issue to a "level 2" they said it was because my router had a dynamic IP addy as apposed to static. Couldn't offer me what I need so cancelling. And left baffled.

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone
by Ducksta Investigator
Investigator

Ee raised the issue to a "level 2" they said it was because my router had a dynamic IP addy as apposed to static. Couldn't offer me what I need so cancelling. And left baffled.

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone
by

@Ducksta - You don't need a static IP address for online gaming. The vast majority of internet services use dynamic IP. I would contact Sony support for advice.

@Smithybeans - The error message you are seeing seems to be a DNS issue. If you search online their are several tutorials to help fix this issue.

Thanks

James

by Ducksta Investigator
Investigator

The problem I have is that I work full time also weekends, I have kids to run about after too, I cannot really find the time to be in the house in front of the console and mini wifi along with a phone to Sony. If this 14 day period goes past then I'm stuck with a device I can't use apart from with my phone......if your saying the problem lies with Sony why did my daughters jvc smart tv not connect either? Regards

Sent from my iPhone
by Ducksta Investigator
Investigator

@XRaySpeXWhat does this achieve? I have requested a return package to give this mini device up......I will try what your suggesting as I would love it to work. I can access my router settings so altering values on there is not a problem. 

by Ducksta Investigator
Investigator

Same error code (NW-31253-4)

this code arises after printing me for proxy server: use/do not use.....click do not use error code......click use, type in an Ip addy....can continue to test connection.....obtains Ip addy fails on internet connection....

@XRaySpeX tried changed those settings they're already locked to IPv4/IPv6 

by

Hi @Ducksta

I'm sure @XRaySpeX will try and assist you further when he is online and if he can.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.