by
EE Community Support Team

Sony Xperia XZ3/XZ2 Premium offer – How to claim your free Sony wireless speaker

If you purchase a Sony Xperia XZ3 or XZ2 Premium between the 5th October and 5th November, you will be eligible to claim a free SRS-XB31 wireless speaker worth £150 from Sony – find out what you need and how to claim below.

Sony .jpg

How do I make my claim?

You can claim your free wireless speaker 14 days after the date you purchased your phone by going to Sony’s promotional portal and filling in the online form. You have until 3rd December to submit your claim.

You’ll need to enter your IMEI number, proof of purchase and some personal details (name, address, email, date of birth and mobile phone number) to submit your claim.

Your IMEI number can be found in your phone’s settings or by dialling *#06#.

If you ordered online or over the phone, your proof of purchase can be your EE order confirmation email or delivery note, found in the box.

Delivery Note Sony.jpgDelivery Note

Order confirm .pngOrder Confirmation

If you ordered in store, your proof of purchase will be your EE receipt.

receipt.pngRetail Receipt

When uploading your proof of purchase, make sure the time and date are showing so that Sony can process your claim.

Once you have submitted your claim, Sony will check and verify it. Once verified, Sony will send your speaker via Royal Mail recorded 2nd class to the postal address provided in the claim within 28 days of you submitting your claim.

Will the speaker come with my phone?

No, the speaker will not delivered with your device. Your speaker will be dispatched within 28 days of your claim being submitted

What if I return my device?

If you return your device, ordered online or over the phone, within 14 days from purchase you will not qualify for the speaker.

Where should I go if the online form is not working, I have lost my proof of purchase or have any queries with receiving my speaker?

For any queries about your claim you can contact support via email at support@xperiarewards.co.uk

Sony Terms and Conditions

XZ3 & XZ2 Premium SRS-XB31 Speaker Offer Limited Availability UK 18+.

Offer available to customers who complete a valid claim only. Purchase an Xperia™ XZ3 or Xperia™ XZ2 Premium on a PAYM deal from EE, closing date 05/11/18, claim by 03/12/18.

To claim, go to www.xperiarewards.co.uk/xperiaee enter your IMEI number and register details Internet access required.

Keep proof of purchase.

Full T&Cs apply.

Icons and images are simulated and are for illustrative purposes only.

Sony is a trademark or registered trademark of Sony Corporation. ©2018 Sony Mobile Communications Inc.

10 REPLIES 10
by wonderman Investigator
Investigator

Re: Sony Xperia XZ3/XZ2 Premium offer – How to claim your free Sony wireless spe

It's only six month since the Sony Xperia XZ2 launched, but we already have the Sony Xperia XZ3. Despite that tight turnaround this looks to be a big upgrade in some ways, most notably in its new OLED screen.

However, in some other ways the Xperia XZ3 seems like business as usual for Sony and very similar to its predecessor.

by Thasnowyowl Investigator
Investigator

Re: Sony Xperia XZ3/XZ2 Premium offer – How to claim your free Sony wireless spe

Hello

What do I if its too late to claim due to being misinformed by the ee store I received my xz3 from, I've been chasing it up with them for at least two months since taking the contract out and they said I have to wait for a code to be sent out

A friend recently referred me to these instructions and I have found its too late to claim for it and I did not know

by

Hi @Thasnowyowl 

Welcome to the community.

What did the store advise you about how to claim the offer?

Chris

Investigator

Hi Chris, I'm Chris too 🙂 

I was told to wait up to 3 months for a message/code to come through to be able to claim for it

by

Hi @Thasnowyowl,

I would recommend contacting the EE Store. If you explain what's happened they'll see what they can do to help.

Thanks

James

Highlighted
Investigator

Unfortunately they couldn't do anything except suggest to ring customer services for an alternative solution

by RichardCarder
Visitor

I purchased a new Sony Xperia XZ3 on 4th November 2018 and was keen to pay an early upgrade penalty because EE promised a free gift of a Sony SRS-XB31 bluetooth speaker worth £150. 
When the phone arrived on 7th November 2018, I was quick to call EE customer service and ask the whereabouts of my free speaker and the advisor told me that it would not be available for 14 days from delivery so I waited. Then on the 22nd November I still had no news or details about my offer so I called EE again. This time after explaining to the advisor, I was put through to their supervisor , who said that I would have to wait up to 30 days to hear anything. 
At this stage I was starting to get upset that I had been lied and tricked into taking up this offer, as I had been required to pay an early upgrade fee and felt cheated, so I let them know my feelings and they were only apologetic.
So after waiting 30 days and with still no news I decided to complain further on 7th December and asked for a supervisor to call me back with some answers along with an outcome.
This evening a gentleman called Callum from EE called me with details of how to claim my free offer by following a link on the internet (https://www.xperiarewards.co.uk/xperiaee/)
I was extremely upset to see that I could not proceed as the website simply said "You’re a bit late,
sorry! This promotion finished on the 2nd Nov 2018".

Is this a scam? How could it be finished when I was told that the offer was available to customers who purchased a new Sony Xperia XZ3 on or before 5th November 2018?
 Poor comunication and training of sales staff, I have forwarded all transcips of my coversations to customer services at Sony UK and informed the Office of Fair Trading and Trading Standards as advised by Citezens Advice Bureau. 
I have been advised by Callum at EE, that a complaints case has been opened for me at EE and that someone will contact me within  the next 48 hours.
I am not going to hold my breath as I am not confident that anyone at EE knows what they are doing and how to advise customers with the correct information. 
It's not a free offer for me as I decided to pay and early upgrade penalty aswell as the upfront cost. Well done EE for totally missing the goal with this customer experienceSONY XZ3 Offer.pnghttps://www.xperiarewards.co.uk/xperiaee/
by

Good Morning @RichardCarder

I am sorry to hear this has happened. 

Let us know the outcome from your call back.

Please do not hesitate to come back to the community if you need further support. 

Katie 

Investigator

Upon a phone call to the complaint department, they managed to come to an agreement which was to refund me a small sum to the value of the speaker. Which was good enough for me, may not have been the speaker to go with the phone but it will do.

I wanna thank this community page for the support n I hope anyone else stuck in this endeveor can find a solution

by

I am pleased to hear this has been resolved for you @Thasnowyowl

I hope to see you round the community in the future. 

Have a lovely Christmas, 

Katie 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.