Highlighted
by TidusBomb
Explorer

Site is telling me i can get an early upgrade with no fee, still tries to charge

I'm trying to upgrade my phone early as it's starting to get to the stage where it breaks down,

I want to get an iPhone X, and am being told by the site that i can get my early upgrade with no fee as i am a 'Great customer', 

However once i select the new phone it tries to charge me, what makes it worse is that i will only have one more bill to pay but the early upgrade fee is twice the amount as my normal bill, otherwise i wouldn't care,

Is this just an error on the site that needs to be fixed?

Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Site is telling me i can get an early upgrade with no fee, still tries to ch

Hi, 

Does the offer come with any T&C? Upgrading for free doesn't necessarily mean you don't pay for the handset, especially one which costs over £1k.

If you cannot upgrade or line then call CS and they should be able to process your order. 

I would 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Site is telling me i can get an early upgrade with no fee, still tries to ch

Hi, 

Does the offer come with any T&C? Upgrading for free doesn't necessarily mean you don't pay for the handset, especially one which costs over £1k.

If you cannot upgrade or line then call CS and they should be able to process your order. 

I would 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.

View solution in original post

by TidusBomb
Explorer

There's no handset cost on this particular plan,

I'll give them a call later on, do you know when the opening/closing times are for CS?

by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the community @TidusBomb

Please do get in touch with customer services, we are open between 8 am and 9 pm (Monday to Friday).

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.