Highlighted
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Shortcodes

Has anyone else receives sms from shortcode 80059? When replied stop it says check number as unable to send message.looks like this msg is from ee themselves.anyone?

33 REPLIES 33
Highlighted
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Partners?

Mobivending anyone heard of them? Being sent "NETWORK MSG" and wont allow a stop request.

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Shortcodes

Hi @Profile closed

Thanks for posting in community 🙂

At EE, we're keen to prevent unwanted calls or texts.

These could be from sales and marketing companies trying to sell goods or services or unsolicited text messages (known as spam) inviting you to urgently call a premium rate and text services. They could also simply be calls from a number you no longer want to be able to contact you.

Below are some simple tips that can help you avoid them.

Please note, all text messages sent from EE will clearly state they're from us in the sender information. If EE is not stated in the sender information then the text message has not been sent by us.

Have you had a look at our Stopping unwanted calls and texts help and support pages?

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Highlighted
by Profile closed
Not applicable

As far as I can see it's from we.with a telephone no and shortcode to opt out.it won't let me reply with stop though.says I may like to double check the number and try again.it is an 0800 number and shortcode appears to be mobivending.also filed under network msg.was just wondering what happens if you can't opt out as said?

Highlighted
by Profile closed
Not applicable

@buda wrote:

As far as I can see it's from we.with a telephone no and shortcode to opt out.it won't let me reply with stop though.says I may like to double check the number and try again.it is an 0800 number and shortcode appears to be mobivending.also filed under network msg.was just wondering what happens if you can't opt out as said?

Sorry meant ee not  we.

Highlighted
by
EE Employee

Hi @Profile closed

As @Richard_C mentioned in a earlier post if it does not state EE in the sender it will not be sent via ourselves.

Can I also get you to check the shortcode is correct?

Many thanks,

Lee

Highlighted
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi says it's from ee.shortcode is correct. Within msg number options are highlighted .so how could it be wrong.incidently have tried to check this with ee and got same answer as yourself.thank you

Highlighted
by
EE Employee

Hi @Profile closed

What is the content within the message you have received.

Many thanks,

Lee

Highlighted
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Also checked above link about unwanted calls and texts.went to ps authority page entered code and was told to contact service provider as no record.so we are sending me MSG's with shortcode which is wrong.doubt that very much,also a telephone no in page which doesn't link to ee when you check.in my inbox it says ee it's about ee services but checking with ee returns mobivending but no one confirms this and I can't reply to shortcode .hardly the way to entice new custom.every time you contact ee they ask questions about how likely you would be to recommend them to someone etc.trying to sell to existing customers you are met with this merry go round when it should have been a simple opt out reply.not very secure imo

Highlighted
by Profile closed
Not applicable

It addresses me by my first name then tells me about ee broadband how much,the offer.the end date the telephone no.then to opt out about hearing about ee broadband the shortcode.thank you

Highlighted
by Profile closed
Not applicable

When I check name given in ee shortcode check with partners etc there is no sign.optimg out with shortcode fails.spam? More than?

Highlighted
by Profile closed
Not applicable

And it's personal....

Highlighted
by Profile closed
Not applicable

what is this

What is A network msg? When would I receive a network msg? Thanks

Highlighted
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: what is this

We have updated your settings to bring you the latest services. Please delete this message, switch your phone off and on again.

Highlighted
by
EE Employee

Hi @Profile closed

What is the telephone number stated in the message?

Many thanks,

Lee

Highlighted
by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Lee_H wrote:

Hi @Profile closed

What is the telephone number stated in the message?

Many thanks,

Lee

08000795124 ta

Highlighted
by
EE Employee

Hi @Profile closed

The 0800 number is indeed one of our numbers.

Let me look further into the shortcode for yourself.

Many thanks,

Lee

Highlighted
by Profile closed
Not applicable

I just got an email saying i posted the solution.can assure you i never marked this post.

Highlighted
by Profile closed
Not applicable

It said nailed it when i posted spam? More than? This must be the promised update then. By the back door.uve nae rite.

Highlighted
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Not solved by me.so who did? Too much time lapse.whats going on ask a simple question 5hours later self posts and struggling to post a reply.phone is jumping and adding html code to posts.personal ly  baffled.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.