This page is no longer active

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Highlighted
by Soannoying Investigator
Investigator

Setting up voicemail on my home phone

I have had EE broadband and home phone since early December 2014.  I have one of the brightboxes.  I have no problem with connecting to the Internet either with my laptop or mobile phone.  However, a couple of weeks ago I realised that I did not have the voicemail/message facility on my home phone.  I saw from the information I had been given from EE that voicemail for my home phone was available free as an opt-in so I phoned them and after waiting a long time finally got through to someone who listened to my request and said that voicemail would be activated within 24/48 hours.  As of Saturday (3 January 2015) the voicemail had not been activated so I therefore rang Customer Services again.  Once more, I waited for some time to speak to a Customer Advisor.  Again, though friendly and approachable, the advisor obviously did not speak English as a native language and it was extremely difficult to understand her and I suspect for her to understand me.  However, I repeated my request and she told me that I didn't have to do anything myself (I specifically asked her this) and that voicemail would be activated within 24 hours.  I have tried ringing my home phone from my mobile to test it and yet again, it has not been set up.  Could someone please advise on what I have to do to get this sorted.  I appreciate it isn't a major problem, however, I do not wish to have to ring up again and wait for a long time, only to have to speak to someone else who I cannot understand and then for the system not to be activated after all.

Thank you in advance for any help.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Setting up voicemail on my home phone

The only thing you can do is ring them up and instruct then to activate 1571 (Voicemail) or put in a complaint.

no charge
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC = 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
5 REPLIES
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

The only thing you can do is ring them up and instruct then to activate 1571 (Voicemail) or put in a complaint.

no charge
__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC = 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Soannoying Investigator
Investigator

Thank you!  I did phone again and told the very pleasant advisor that I had rang twice before.  He said my calls and request were listed and apologised for not setting up voicemail as requested.  He said he would ensure it was sorted and it is now, so third time lucky!

by matanabdullah33
Visitor

I tried to set up my phone voicemail and called customer service & had difficulty of getting through. My home telephone # is xxxxxxxxxx & my mobile # is xxxxxxxxxxx.

Looking forward your assistance.

Regards,

Matan

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@matanabdullah33: EE call-centre systems are playing up today & are busy. All you can do is keep trying.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @matanabdullah33

Thanks for coming here.

If you didn't get through last night please try us today.

Our customer service team will be able to help you.

Thanks, Leanne.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.