by Animallover20 Investigator
Investigator

Setting up Peel remote on Samsung S6 with EE box

Hi all, 

I'm trying to set up my EE box with peel remote on my Samsung S6, I've used this before on my previous boxes but can't seem to get it set up with the EE box. 

Thanks in advance 

14 REPLIES 14
by
EE Employee

Re: Setting up Peel remote on Samsung S6 with EE box

Hi @Animallover20 and welcome to the Community.

The EETV box will not connect to any universal remote only the one that is provided.

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Hiya, thanks for replying to me, I've managed to get it  set to turning the channels but I haven't got the TV guide that was there before as I changed my TV provider service, so I guess that did it lol.. Ooh well 😊  

by
EE Employee

Hi @Animallover20

Brilliant news, How did you manage to connect the device?

Did you use the generic branding codes/software?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Lee_H.  I use  THIS., this is a bit more than a universal remote as you need the original remote to program this remote.     I was using 3 remotes at one point now I'm just down to this.     This will work with the EEtv box because you program it from the original remote.    Cheap too.  

by
EE Employee

How many devices can the remote learn @Chris_B

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Hi Lee, yeah I couldn't find the name of the EE box in the list of "add your device " which I did it under "set top box"  so I changed the TV service provider and went back into the "add your device" and it was there, bit strange so was able to add it, but as I said I can't get the TV guide listing now lol..  

Investigator

Hi Lee, yeah I couldn't find the name of the EE box which is called Netgem in the list of "add your device " which I did it under "set top box"  so I changed the TV service provider and went back into the "add your device" and it was there, bit strange so was able to add it, but as I said I can't get the TV guide listing now lol..  

by
EE Employee

Very strange @Animallover20

@Chris_B does your remote work with the EPG

cheers

Lee

Investigator

Yes it is a bit strange, now that is gonna bug me lol 😈 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Lee_H  Works on freeview and Virgin TiVo box.    And my sound bar that I can not program the virgin remote to control.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Chris_B@: wrote:

I use  THIS.,

Linky does not compute. I think you mean CkeyiN®Universal English Smart Remote Control Controller With Learn Function For TV CBL DVD SAT .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@XRaySpeX   Thanks.  I never checked the link to make sure it worked.  That'll teach me.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

by
EE Employee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.