by soni13782 Investigator
Investigator

Samsung Note 8 Dual sim wifi calling

Can somebody please confirm. If you have Samsung note 8 dual sim bought from Samsung. are you able to use wifi calling?? or not?? 

Please need information urgently. 

Thank you, 

7 REPLIES 7
by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Re: Samsung Note 8 Dual sim wifi calling

@soni13782 as far as I am aware WiFi calling is only available on phones that have come direct from EE and running EE firmware. 😕

Investigator

@Rogersdave771 Can we not use EE firmware on phone bought from Samsung?

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@soni13782 no unfortunately if phone is not purchased directly then you can't run EE firmware. 

Investigator

@Rogersdave771 oh ok, unfortunately, I won't be able to get wifi calling if I buy from Samsung. 

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@soni13782 ee don't do duel sim but they do do note8.... It's the phone I am getting after contract is up on S7 edge 👍

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi, 

You don't need EE firmware for VOWIFI on most Samsung models which run BTU (UK) firmware. Mine doesn't run EE firmware and VOWIFI works fine.

As for the UK dual sim, I cannot say for sure but I would suspect not as the phone has two active sims. You could always ask Samsung and if purchased online return it within 14 days for a refund.

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by deebo007 Contributor
Contributor

I have a Dual Sim Note 8 direct from Samsung. EE wifi calling works absolutely fine on it.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.