Highlighted
by
Explorer

Samsung E3210 Orange registered pre EE Insert SIM Card message received

Samsung E3210   Orange registered pre EE
phone is basically only used for emergencies or two stage verification - Tescobank; Facebook; Paypal etc..
Not able to receive incoming texts from above.
Tried to go online - incorrect password;   try to retrieve password;   enter code supplied;
I can't receive texts so - no code.
Phoned up spoke to Manu. He said that my SIM card was not the one registered to my account, current one ends 4423.
Manu reckoned last 4 digits 1940.
Some while back I had problems with the phone and I was sent a new SIM card - the 4423 as above from I think Kuehne & Nagel of Milton Keynes - so I reverted to the original card 1940.
Set time and date   to messages  >  inbox  > insert SIM card.
Back to the 4423 card   set time & date   to messages > inbox > insert SIM card.
The phone is not now recognising either SIM card and I cannot get online.
I am informed that I still have credit.
Live chat is currently busy though I will try later.
Can anyone please help?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Samsung E3210 Orange registered pre EE Insert SIM Card message received

Hello there @Kaeso54

Thanks for coming here for help.

Does either SIM card work in any other phone?

When was the last time the SIM card was used?

Thanks, Leanne.

Highlighted
by
Explorer

Hello Leanne

The only other phone I possess has a micro SIM card.

The 4423 card was in the phone until earlier this week but had failed to receive texts for an extended period: it was removed on Thursday when Manu advised me of the registration irregularity but the phone did at least switch on without demanding that I insert a SIM card which it does now even though the 4423 is inside.

The 1940 card was abandoned upon advice a year or so back. I'm afraid I can't remember details - memory not that capable at the age of 79.

Thank you for your response to my plea.
Kaeso54

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Kaeso54

Thank you for replying 🙂

Can I confirm that you haven't used the pay as you go device for over a year, regardless of the SIM card number?

It could be that the number has been placed in pay as you go hibernation.

Why would my number go into hibernation?

If you have had no chargeable activity on your account within 120 days we’ll contact you by text to make sure you’re still using the SIM card and you’d like to keep the account active.

If you haven’t used your phone for any chargeable activity for 179 days your account will go into hibernation and any credit will be removed, but don’t worry; at this point it’s not too late to reinstate your number and credit – just give us a call.

For more information, please see our What is pay as you go hibernation and how can I stop it? support article.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.