by Cjbudders Investigator
Investigator

S8 Arctic Silver

Hi. I'm just wondering if any customers got any good deals for the s8 arctic silver because im considering upgrading but the prices seem pretty high unless someone has haggled a good deal to the upgrade team at ee.

Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: S8 Arctic Silver

Hi @Cjbudders

Thanks for posting.

If  you get in touch with the customer service team they will be able to let you know the best deal for you.

Have a great day 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Hi @Cjbudders

Thanks for posting.

If  you get in touch with the customer service team they will be able to let you know the best deal for you.

Have a great day 🙂

Investigator

Hi thanks for replying!

I did contact ee prior to creating this post and I was given the same deal a new customer would be offered. I was told by another ee employee in a live chat that existing customers do get better deals than what is stated in the website.

That's why I was asking if anyone else might have been given a good deal.

My girlfriend has this phone and got a nice little deal for 31 per month 5gb data and unlimited mins/texts with only 49.99 upfront. She gets 30% family and friends discount but even after applying this discount to the original price she is still saving more money. All she did was ask if the price could be lowered since she was already an EE pay monthly customer and got a sweet little deal I think.

I talked to my ee friend and he said I could have the f&f discount but the price would normally be 37.50 for that same plan after the discount is applied.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

This is a £600 or £700 phone depending on what variant you want. EE need to recoup this in the price plan so they will not be discounting this very much at the moment being the latest high end phone from Samsung.

Yu need to get through to Retentions who are the ones that can give you the best deals but don't expect a massive discount. This won't happen until the Note 8 has been released.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android 10 Beta)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Investigator

Thanks for replying BrendonH and for the info.

Can I ask what is retentions?

And how to reach them?

When I contacted EE I reached the upgrade team and that's as far as I got.

Thanks.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Go through to cancellations they try and keep you before wanting to cancel.

If not when there just ask for retentions.

But to be honest I vetoed the colour variants of the S8 as the front is black on every color anyway. So stuck with black. I did want the Coral Blue but wasn't available from launch.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android 10 Beta)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.