This page is no longer active

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

by
EE Employee

Roaming with EE - What to do if you're having problems abroad

[ Edited ]

This information is no longer up to date. for the latest information:

Roaming with EE - What to do if you're having problems abroad>

When you travel abroad we always hope the experience of using your EE phone goes without a glitch! If you ever find yourself having problems using your phone whilst Roaming, give the handy tips in this post a try.

My phone shows No Service abroad, what do I do?

• Try re-booting your device

• Do a manual network search in ‘settings’

• Try turning 4G off in ‘settings’

For help with any of these select your phone on our Phones and Devices Help pages.

If none of these work it could mean that Roaming needs to be activated on your account.

To get Roaming activated you’ll need to speak to Customer Services or if you’re a personal pay monthly customer, go to the get in touch pages or log into your My EE to use live chat.

Why can’t I make calls back to the UK?

• Try doing a manual network search in ‘settings’ and selecting a different network, most countries will have more than one available network.

• Are you dialling the number correctly – some phones/networks may require you to manually dial the number in international format - +44 or 0044 to call back to the UK.

• On iPhones make sure ‘Dial Assist’ is turned on in Settings > Phone.

If you’re still having problems your International bar may still be active. A quick call to Customer Services will help get you up and running.

Why can’t I use data on my EE phone abroad?

• To use data abroad you need to purchase a data roaming add-on, once you get to your destination.

• Just try and access the internet on your phone or device and you’ll be directed to the EE add-on page - or got to http://add-on.ee.co.uk/status.

• To see all of the available data roaming add-ons check out the Roaming pages.

• 4G is only available in selected countries on certain networks, you can see the list of available networks on the Roaming Help page.

• Try re-booting your device and doing a manual network search.

Why can’t I access my EE voicemails abroad?

• You must have a PIN set up on your voicemail to access them whilst abroad.

• This needs to be done before you leave the UK.

• For help setting up a voicemail PIN see the voicemail security section on the Voicemail Help page.

Why can’t I send texts when I’m abroad?

• If you’re an iPhone user - make sure ‘Send as SMS’ is turned ‘ON’ in Settings > Messages.

• Try re-booting your phone and doing a manual network search.

How do I do a manual network search?

• iPhone – Settings > Carrier > Toggle Automatic OFF

• Android – Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK

• Windows – Settings > Mobile Network > Network Selection > Tap on start manual search

If you have any other questions or need further help, please let us know by posting below.

Thanks – Karen. Smiley Happy

7 REPLIES
by
Explorer

Re: Roaming with EE - What to do if you're having problems abroad

Hi there, I cannot call from abroad (Spain) and need to contact my credit card company asap. Please can someone assist urgently.  I have tried the options you mention and nothing has worked. Thanks!

by
Investigator

Hi,
I'm in italy and I can't use my allowance (calls and texts) cause I have the calls blocked (even if when I asked the guy in the store he told me I didn't have to do a single thing).

by
EE Employee

Good Afternoon @underunderscore

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues using your phone abroad.

It sounds like your International bar may still be active.

Are you a personal or business customer?

You may be able to turn off your international bar if you log in to My EE and go to > Menu > Manage My Device > Usage Controls > International and premium bar > Allow.

Let me know if this helps!

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by

I'm in Ukraine and have visited before without any issues in texting or calling home.

On this trip I can receive texts and calls but am not able to send texts at all.

I have tried all the advice on this post but without success.

What can I do to resolve this as I have a need to send texts during my stay here.

Regards

David

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @david66

Thank you for coming to see us in community Smiley Happy

If the hints, tips and tricks suggested haven't worked, then please get in touch with customer services.

Good luck

Richard

Smiley Happy

by
Investigator

Hello,

Nothing is working. I tried everything. None of the carriers link to my phone. Tried the trouble shooting techniques.
Can you please help me from your side. Thank you very much

Sincerely,
Nadine

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Nadineosman

Thanks for coming here.

Where are you Roaming at the moment?

Are you with us on pay as you go or contract?

Hope to hear back from you soon Smiley Happy

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.