by fsmla3
Explorer

Roaming not working in France

This pertains to ticket EEIM1098253 which remains unresolved by Level 2.  I am about to just give up and initiate a credit card dispute but will try this one last thing.  EE on Twitter keeps telling me to call, however this is 25p a pop and I have already run down a third of my minutes calling with no results.  I am unable to use chat support as a pay as you go customer.  I have an iPhone 7 with a pay as you go SIM and according to EE level 2 it should be roaming fine but data is not working in France on either roaming partner, Orange or Bouygues.  There is a valid data package with EU roaming. I have the most recent EE carrier settings and iOS. I have reset network settings to clear any existing APN profiles. Roaming is enabled. I have tried both 3g and 4g on both networks. I have tried manual network selection and automatic network selection.  In all cases the message is “could not activate cellular data network you are not subscribed to a cellular data service.”

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Roaming not working in France

Can you make & receive calls & texts?

I'm worried that you have cleared your APN. You need your EE APN to be set. Perhaps that's what it means by "you are not subscribed to a cellular data service”.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @fsmla3

Welcome to the community, I'm sorry to hear of your situation.

Could you get back to us answering @XRaySpeX's question? 

He could be on to something.

Chris

Highlighted
by fsmla3
Explorer

I can make calls and texts fine.

the APN settings have been cleared and reset several times. I have re-installed the current EE carrier settings, several times, which set the APN information.

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for confirming that @fsmla3

My only advice now would be to await the technical support level 2 team investigating the issue and getting back to you.

If you'd like an update on what is happening with it, please give them a call.

Please keep us updated on what happens.

Thanks.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.