by mcboyt
Explorer

Retention

Called up EE today as in the last 30 days of my contract so wanted to see what they could offer me as want to switch to  sim only (currently paying £45 per month for S6 with 10GB of data).

Took ages to get through and was then informed no deals are being offered at the moment and if I didn't like the sim only prices on the website I would be best to go to another network. 

The guy then provided my PAC code and unlock code and hung up.

Slightly dissapointed as would rather have stayed as have been on EE for 5 years now.

5 REPLIES 5
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Retention

Must have been a bad day for that guy.

I would call back and try again.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android 10/One UI 2.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Surprised you got an unlock code immediately upon phoning.

Remember if your PAC is not used you contract is not cancelled.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi, 

Why don't you just swap to one of the sim only offers available at the moment as there are some good deals. Also if you log into your online account your offers will be available via upgrade. 

I don't think you are telling the full story here. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by mcboyt
Explorer

It is the full story - the guy I dealt with was very off with me and when I asked what the best sim only deals were he told me to look at the website.

Not 100% sure but think, as they were busy, I might of gone through to an overflow call centre offshore (usually when I call EE the person I speak to introduces with their name and location - eg 'hello you're through to John in Sheffield' which didn't happen this time) - not sure if they can offer the same deals as the retention team.

When I said I would continue with the cancellation request was informed a PAC code, unlock code and freeze code would follow shortly via text (and the unlock fee of £8.99 would be waived as I was within the last 30 days of my contract).

I can't see any upgrade options when logging into my EE account online - clicking Upgrade displays the message "Sorry, something has gone wrong. We'll let you know when this has been fixed."

Going to try and call EE back tomorrow and see what upgrade deals they are offering - was looking at sim only but now quite fancy a S8.

by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @mcboyt

Thank you for taking the time to post 🙂

I must say I am saddened and disappointed to read about the experience you say you've had. 

This is not our way and we certainly want you to stay and to give you the best service possible.

Please give the team another try today and let's see if we can get you the phone and price plan you are looking for.

I'm sure you've probably seen these already, however if you wan't to see what we offer then please see the online store

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.