Highlighted
by
Explorer

Replacement sim not recognised

Read more

I  reported a lost sim card to EE support and the sim was blocked. I then went to a store and was given a replacement sim which was installed and I believe activated by the guy at the store. I was told to wait 20 to 60 minutes for the new sim to finish activation. It's now been nearly a day since then and my phone does not recognise the sim and does not connect to EE. I can't text, call or access data. I have restarted the phone multiple times and taken the sim out and put it back in. A sim from another phone works in this phone without any issues.

What should I do? 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Replacement sim not recognised

@Simon1402  SIM card activations take up to 24 hours not 30-60 minuets.    All your information needs to be transferred to the new SIM card and this takes time as it can not be done in one go.  

Have you tried turning the device off/on again a few times ? 

Highlighted
by
Explorer

Hi Chris thanks for the reply. I'm not sure why I was told 20-60 but nevermind. It's been around 20 hours now so I'll wait a little longer and see how it goes, thanks. 

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Simon1402

Welcome to the community. 🙂

Thanks for your patience with this.

Once it has been over 24hours, please contact our technical support team who will be able to try and fix it for you.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.