by Drew44 Investigator
Investigator

Registered a top up voucher, have been put on Talk and Text

Hi everyone, hope this is in the right section of the forum to post my question. Am a total novice so please, be gentle. I bought a phone this afternoon and it came with a top up voucher which I registered to get £10 worth of credit. Checked my balance, and sure enough it was £10. I don't know quite what has happened but I now seem to be on the Talk and Text package and my balance is zero.  

I got the voucher because I use my mobile sparingly and i can make £10 last an awfully long time, which is why I didn't sign up or a recurring package deal. Is there any way I can cancel the Talk and Text and just go back to my £10 worth of credit on Pay as You Go? 

Thanks a lot for you help,

Drew

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Registered a top up voucher, have been put on Talk and Text

@Drew44: You bought a PAYG phone.

All EE PAYG SIMs come primed with a recurring Pack of allowances ready to bought out of your PAYG credit as soon as it is sufficient. In your case a £10 Talk and Text pack. Your last top-up went to buy this Pack.

By texting AL to 150 it should show you the Pack you have bought with your credit & how much you have left from your allowances until its expiry date.

Text STOP PACK to 150 before you next top-up & you can use the SIM as normal PAYG at standard per-unit rates.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@Drew44: You bought a PAYG phone.

All EE PAYG SIMs come primed with a recurring Pack of allowances ready to bought out of your PAYG credit as soon as it is sufficient. In your case a £10 Talk and Text pack. Your last top-up went to buy this Pack.

By texting AL to 150 it should show you the Pack you have bought with your credit & how much you have left from your allowances until its expiry date.

Text STOP PACK to 150 before you next top-up & you can use the SIM as normal PAYG at standard per-unit rates.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Drew44 Investigator
Investigator

Got it. As I said, I'm a total novice on this so thanks for clearing this up for me. Much appreciated.

Drew

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hello @Drew44 text the code STOP PACK to stop your talk and text pack from recurring in the future.

To query your credit refund you can contact customer service on 0800 956 6000 from any none EE phone who can check if the pack transaction can be reversed.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Drew44

Thanks for joining community 🙂

It's great to see @XRaySpeX has helped you so quickly.

Please come back anytime you need us here.

Richard

🙂

by Drew44 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks everyone, you folks sure are on the ball 😉 I was expecting days of waiting for a reply, I appreciate the help from you all so quickly.

Drew 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Welcome to the community @Drew44

We're always here to help as quickly as we can.

Have a great Sunday and please don't be a stranger on here.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.