Highlighted
by Sparkysdog Investigator
Investigator

Re: VoLTE Activation

Hi all, new poster here.

There seems to be a lot of confussion regarding VoLTE.  I am an EE sim only customer and have a been for a couple of years.

With my old unbranded Samsung S8+ I had a random "your phone is now VoLTE enabled" type of text form EE and sure enough had VoLTE logo showing at the top of the phone.

I've now purchased a S9+ and are using the same sim but no VoLTE logo at the top.

Surley if I had it on a previous unbranded (factory unlocked) phone I should have it no the never unlocked phone?

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Sparkysdog: What version of Android are the S8+ & S9+ running?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Sparkysdog Investigator
Investigator

@XRaySpeX   Hi, Both phones are running the latest version of Oreo, the S8+ is running the version that followed CRAP, both phones are XUE variants and the the S9+ is running  8.0 ARCC.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

The s9 plus doesn’t work with Volte on Ee without Ee firmware I have tried it the fact that it is there on the s8 is strange but it’s not on the s9 at present.

I flashed mine with Ee firmware it it works great with Volte. 

Quite why Ee restrict this I don’t know but I did know before I bought it so was prepared to flash the software.

Bear in mind you can’t do it if you have the dual sim version 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.