by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Unlocking EE Phone from the Philippines

Yes, but how did you make the request?

Did you Mum buy this phone direct from EE?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Kingmarwin Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Just thru the my ee app..just filled unlock request then they sent me an email.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Now answer my 2nd Q. Where exactly did she buy it? Your failure so far could hinge on that.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Valued Contributor

My mom did the request..she has the ee account..yes sir she bought the phone at and i dont know the terms of payment if its pay monthly or other

Valued Contributor

*she bought the phone at ee 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

As the unlocking form is not working for you it's acting as if the phone is not registered to EE which would happen if it was not bought directly from EE.

If that were the case you would need to call Customer Services on 0800 956 6000 (option 2, option 4) to put you in touch with the Unlocking Team to request an Unlock Code. You will be asked for your email addy. They will take payment (of £8.99) from any valid UK bank card.

Once the process has been started you will receive an email from the Unlocking Team to process the unlock. It can take up to 10 days to complete the unlock.

Valued Contributor

Can i just email the ee customer service sir?

by
EE Employee

Hi @Kingmarwin

When did your mum purchase the device?

Many thanks,

Lee

Valued Contributor

Hello lee,

If im not mistaken it was last june or last week of may i think

by
EE Employee

Hi @Kingmarwin

You are unable to unlock a device for the first 6month of ownership, so this is why you have been unable to unlock the device.

Many thanks,

Lee

Valued Contributor

Is there any other way to unlock the phone?or just to pay extra charge?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

No other way!

by
EE Employee

Hi @Kingmarwin

Unfortunately not, you will have to wait till the end of the 6 months.

Many thanks,

Lee

Valued Contributor

I cant purchase any unlock code to ee?:(

by
EE Employee

Hi @Kingmarwin

As I have mentioned above, you would have to wait till the 6 months has passed.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Kingmarwin wrote:

i dont know the terms of payment if its pay monthly or other

Surely she must know if she's still paying monthly for it. If she is, then neither her nor you own that phone yet as it's under 6 months old. It's still EE's property. So you can't unlock it.

However, if your mother can discover that she bought it as PAYG, then the 6 month rule doesn't apply & she could unlock it now. It's down to her memory.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.