This page is no longer active

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Highlighted
by adamhanm
Visitor

Re: Broadband Speed Problem? Please Read This & Post Requested Details

my broadband speed is so slow, we eventually got connected after 3 months and tens of phone calls and ever since the broadband is unusable!! phone the help line today and he tels me we have 2.7mbs and failed to understand that I don't!! we are only getting 0.2mbs download. please help me! i'm regretting switching from BT and will have no option but to switch back as customer service is terrible at EE.

ADSL STATUS

This page shows information about your ADSL connection if applicable.

Status
  Configured Current Line Status --- SHOWTIME Link Type --- Interleaved Path Operation Mode Automatic G992.3(ADSL2) Data Rate Information
Stream Type Actual Data Rate Upstream 1005 (Kbps.) Downstream 283 (Kbps.) Defect/Failure Indication
Operation Data Upstream Downstream Noise Margin 6.4 dB 10.9 dB Line Attenuation 32.6 dB 52.5 dB Indicator Name Near End Indicator Far End Indicator Output Power 12.8 dBm 0.0 dBm Fast Path FEC Correction NA NA Interleaved Path FEC Correction 359 11 Fast Path CRC Error NA NA Interleaved Path CRC Error 0 0 Loss of Signal Defect 6 0 Fast Path HEC Error STR NA NA Interleaved Path HEC Error 0 0 Error Seconds 97 28 Statistics
Received Cells 8557 Transmitted Cells 4603

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Another Broadband Speed Problem, being Banded

@adamhanm:

You should be syncing at about 4 Meg. The reason you are not is that the DLM system has put you on a banded profile in response to past errors on your line, the lowest of these Banded Profiles, altho' you now have no significant errors. You need to call EE to reset the DLM in order to remove any banding. However should significant errors persist the DLM will reapply banding.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
1 REPLY 1
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Another Broadband Speed Problem, being Banded

@adamhanm:

You should be syncing at about 4 Meg. The reason you are not is that the DLM system has put you on a banded profile in response to past errors on your line, the lowest of these Banded Profiles, altho' you now have no significant errors. You need to call EE to reset the DLM in order to remove any banding. However should significant errors persist the DLM will reapply banding.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.