by ppop Established Contributor
Established Contributor

RPI increase applies to full tariff not the monthly charge I actually pay, why?

The yearly RPI increase is applied to the full tariff price, not the actual negotiated monthly charge I have agreed to pay.

Why should I get an RPI increase on a price I will never pay?

Surely an RPI based on a price invented by the network that no one in their right mind would pay, is, in effect well over the RPI rate of my monthly charge and would allow customers to leave as per the contract.

68 REPLIES 68
by nittyg Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: RPI increase applies to full tariff not the monthly charge I actually pay, w

it should be based on your current/discounted tariff not full tariff,(without discounts)

if you are charged for the full tariff i would suggest you email Direct the CEO of EE and make a complaint about it, dont waste your time contacting customer services

by ppop Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: RPI increase applies to full tariff not the monthly charge I actually pay, w

@nittygwrote:

it should be based on your current/discounted tariff not full tariff,(without discounts)

As you say according to the t&c's, the monthly charge is defined as the 'amount you pay each month' not anything else. There are lots of complaints online with regard to people being told the RPI increase is on the full tariff not what they are paying, I think EE need to clarify it, would one of the forum staff be able to do this?

Established Contributor

yup ive been told this myself, even live chat, but when i asked them to point me to the terms and conditions where it says this will be based on full price of your contract, they just fob you off, because they know they cant

they soon change their tune when you mention CEO tho and back down

by
EE Community Support Team

Welcome back to the community @ppop

The price increase is applied to your original price plan charge and then your discount is applied afterwards.

You can log into your My EE account to see more information about your price plan.

Thanks

Chris

Established Contributor

why is is charged at full price when its clearly not the price you agreed too in the first place?

again please point us to the terms and more importantly the paragraph it states this,

it makes no mention of applying to your full price contract,

maybe you should rethink your information as Section A1.5c clearly mentions "the price payable by the consumer"

that means in my eyes my CURRENT price with discount

unless you can show me the terms where it clearly states othewise or even if it relates to RPI increase based on full price of your contract

"The price increase is applied to your original price plan charge and then your discount is applied afterwards"

id also like to know where in the terms it mentions in any way shape or form the above comment

Actually one more definition from EEs terms:

'Monthly Charge' the amount that You pay each month in advance for Your
Price Plan Service;

This clearly says the amount you PAY is the monthly charge that the increase is based on,

otherwise it would say:

'Monthly Charge' the amount that the contract price is prior to any discounts

does it mention anything about discounts ???

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @nittyg

Please see point 6 of our network terms and conditions:-

Annual Price Increase Your Price Plan Charge includes an increase by the annual percentage increase in the Retail Price Index (RPI). We will do this so the price increase takes effect in March of each year (see point 7 of the terms and conditions).

The price increase is on the price plan charge, then the discount is added afterwards.

Chris

Established Contributor

says nothing about basing the increase on full price, neither does it make any mention of your statement

"The price increase is on the price plan charge, then the discount is added afterwards"

what it does clearly state in the terms tho is

'Monthly Charge'
the amount that You pay each month in advance for Your Price Plan Service

meaning YOUR CURRENT PRICE

also if you want further clarifaction on that please read below

Price Plan Charge’ the charge for the Price Plan Service, which comprises the Monthly Charge for the Price Plan;

as you can see above regarding "monthly charge" defination is not based on full price its based on your CURRENT price

care to revise your incorrect current information?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@nittyg  Your tariff is the full price regardless of any discounts applied after.  

Established Contributor

terms suggest otherwise

"

'Monthly Charge'

meaning YOUR CURRENT PRICE

also if you want further clarifaction on that please read below

Price Plan Charge’ the charge for the Price Plan Service, which comprises the Monthly Charge for the Price Plan;

as you can see above regarding "monthly charge" defination is not based on full price

but if you wish to stick to the protocal your given

please give us the terms where infact it states what you claim

"Your tariff is the full price regardless of any discounts applied after"

the definations ive shown above clearly say diffrently

for example, 'Monthly Charge'

i pay £25.97 in Advance each month, NOT FULL PRICE without discounts £30.97

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@nittyg. The monthly charge is the full price then discounts are applied after.   If you agreed to a £50 tariff then the tariff is still a £50 tariff its just a discount is applied to that tariff afterwards.  

Established Contributor

if you take the time to read the terms i pointed to above in my post and more inportantly the wording refrences you will realise that what your saying is completly false

my contract with EE is £25.97 full stop!

regardless of any discounts applied

'Monthly Charge'

i pay £25.97 in Advance each month,

i think that term say everything

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

What does your online account say? If you have discountsxapplied you will see the full price on your bills with it then being discounted.

You agreed to pay X amount with X amount discounted.

Do in effect you do pay full price.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android 10 Beta)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Established Contributor

the price i agreed to pay was £25.97 that was agreed that is what i pay

thats my contract with EE that is the price i will pay for the remainder of my contract barring any Rpi increases or price increases

so regardless of any discounts applied to account is irrelavant

as pointed out by the terms and wording in my last post

i pay £25.97 in Advance each month

that is the price the RPI figure should be based on NOT full price

its in the terms for a reason

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

That may what comes out of your account but you agreed to a tariff with discounts.

Established Contributor

i agreed to a £25.97 contract full stop

thats the advance payment that comes out of my bank each month

thats my contract with EE

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

What does your online account say?

If instated you are on a £25.97 tariff you may have a case. But I doubt it does.

It will show you the full price tariff before any discounts.

Highlighted
Established Contributor

makes no diffrence if i have discount or not

the wording clearly states

"'Monthly Charge'

i pay £25.97 in advance each month

regadless of any discounts, the price you pay each month in Advance out of your bank

is regarded as the Monthly Charge

and therefore should be used as the Base for any RPI figure increase not the figure without discounts

i have made my case with the CEO

not even chris or even live chat could point to any relavant points in the terms, to suggest otherwise

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

You pay the full tariff price. It is just then discounted before your payment is due.

A bill is produced. It shows the full amount for the tariff. It is then discounted down by the agreed amount.

So the wording is correct.

Established Contributor

do you or do you not pay the advance payment each and every month a set figure on what you agreed to when you signed up? with any discounts included or not as the case maybe?

i know i do when i agreed my contract, and that is £25.97 that is my "advance payment"

the wording clearly states

"'Monthly Charge'

but we'll just agree to disagree on the points you made in previous post

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.