This page is no longer active

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

by MikeyM
Visitor

Problems getting phone and broadband activated

Hi everyone,

I'd be grateful for some assistance, please, with regards to ongoing problems that EE are experiencing in processing an order for phone and broadband.

In early December, I was browsing the moneysavingexpert website and saw a package for phone and BB offered by EE which looked like a good deal. I put through a cancellation with our existing provider (TalkTalk) but specified I wanted the line to remain open for EE to take over and also for the phone number to be ported over to them. I signed up for the package with EE that same evening. However, it appears that TT put an immediate cease on the line so that when EE tried to take over on the 5th Dec, the attempt was blocked. I wasn't informed of this and only found out by chance when I contacted EE after TT had disconnected the line on the 11th Dec. Since that time, EE have tried on a number of occasions to put the order through - but without success. Each date we have been given for the line to become active (19th Dec, 31st Dec) has come and gone. Apparently, one attempt has failed whilst 2 have been put on hold. The most recent attempt was made on 29th Dec when a very helpful agent called Jeff did his best to process the order. It looked promising from his end and he gave us the good news that the phone should be up and running later that day with the BB taking a further 5 days or so. Two days later, the line was still dead and an agent from EE confirmed that Jeff's attempt had also failed.

Is there anyone here from EE who might be able to help us? We are getting pretty desperate now. There has been no phone or BB at the address since 11th Dec.

Thanks in advance.

Michael

1 REPLY 1
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Problems getting phone and broadband activated

The moral is never tell the losing ISP you are leaving until after the line has been migrated. The gaining ISP should take care of everything.

Now that you've not done that, you'll just have to wait. It's not only TT & EE that are involved but also BT OR who will have put a stop marker on the line that prevents BB on it until they remove it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.