by kinsorted Investigator
Investigator

Phone Repairs

I have had my Google Pixel for 7 months and it suddenly stopped working.  I spoke to google who confirmed that it was a common fault with their first phase/batch of phones and I should speak to my network providor (EE).

EE asked me to give my phone into store to get it repaired.  I have done this almost 2 weeks ago.  The engineer has looked at the phone and put in for an exchange/swap.

I spoke to EE today who directed me to the repairer who said it would be another week before I hear if I can get a replacement phone, if the phone is in stock and if it isnt in stock could be a while.

So, could be looking at another few weeks on top of these 2 weeks without the phone I am paying for!!!!

Should it be taking this long to replace a phone that has a manufacturers defect on it???

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Phone Repairs

Hi, 

If it's a manufacturer defect then Google should replace it under the warranty, so what they told you was wrong,  it's not EE responsibility unless Google have some agreed with EE. 

If  EE are repairing (not sure how if its a manufacturer defect) under your insurance then make a complaint as per your insurance policy documentation. 

As for bill, you can ask EE to reimburse the unused time, but as you can still use EE services on another handset then its discretionary.

Thanks  

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

If it was not EE's responsibility then why do it?  

Does not make any sense to take the phone to google when the phone was purchased from EE.

Just from your response, are you acting as an EE representitive? and are the belows part of terms and condition?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@kinsorted  @Northerner Was only tilling you that if google say it was a manufacturing defect with the device and google have admitted this then under the warranty of the device google should be replacing it.   All device manufacturers will replace faulty devices especially if they admit it’s a defect in manufacturing. 

by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the community @kinsorted

I understand your frustration with the time it is taking, please do check our guide on handset repairs.

If you have your repair details to hand you can use the tracking service.

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Yes I appreciate that.  But in the commercial world, it goes through the entity of purchase (in this case EE) and they claim the warranty/replacement etc from the manufacturer.  That is generally how commerical manufacturing works.

I am not questioning what is being done, I am asking why it takes such a long time for parties to reach the same conclusion.  As a paying customer (and have been for 15+ years with EE/T-mobile) matters like this should not take weeks to resolve and leave the paying customer without a sufficient device (that they are ultimately paying for!).

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@kinsorted  your device will of been sent to google for them to look at it.  It’s not for EE to replace a defect when it’s a manufactured defect. Once google have looked at it a replacement will be sent from them to the store.   It’s down to google on how quickly they get around to looking at it.  

Investigator

Which is what is supected.  But I cant go directly to Google as the device has been purchased from EE.  That generally how all warranty claims work, whether it be phones/shoes/cars etc.

Either way, that type of information should be communicated to the customer, especially when you wait 2 weeks for your device to travel 40 miles to a repair centre.

by
EE Employee

Hi @kinsorted 

You are able to go direct to the manufacturer to have the device looked at, you would need to pop to the relevant support pages to gain the contact details.

This also applys to the likes of Samsung, Apple and HTC devices.

Many thanks,

Lee

by mlambourne Established Contributor
Established Contributor

What was your issue with the Pixel?

I just dropped mine in for repair.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.