Highlighted
by
Explorer

PAYGO to 12 Month SIM only

Hi so I've seen a few posts and they all seem to be straight forward however... doesn't seem to be the case for me? maybe the systems have changed?

so basically:

I created my account over a month ago to try out a month long pack (on pay as you go) to see if the network was any good for my needs. (which it is)

so I thought I'll make more of a commiment and decided to take out a 12 Month SIM only plan... I've received the sim card today but cannot activate it? go to the 'get started page' and asks me to register but obviously my email is already taken... 

I cannot see anywhere on my account page where I can activate an additional or replace the sim currently on my account...

I've spoken to someone on Live Chat and they don't quite know as they wanted me to get a sim from o2 then transfer my number then get the pac code to transfer it back... to which I replied I'll keep this new number as I can't go through all that just activate this number but again the responce was it's not been setup and it needs to be activated...

where can I activate it to replace or additional to my sim on my account??

I really don't want to have to leave already lol..

Just another note to add when ever I try to call 150 from the new number it's on emergency calls and says "not registered to a network"

Thanks in advance

Steve.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: PAYGO to 12 Month SIM only

@stevenjp90  You don’t need to move your payg number to another network at all.   

Do you want to keep using the payg number or do you want this new 12 month sim only number?      If you want the payg number you need to call customer services and ask them to migrate this number to your 12 month sim only sim.   If you don’t want it you don’t need to do anything. 

You can only have a email address  assigned to one account you can not use the same email address on 2 accounts.  You’ll need to call customer services to sort this out.  

New SIM cards can take up to 24 hours to activate but it’s usually around 4-5 hours. Restarting the device a few times can help. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@stevenjp90  You don’t need to move your payg number to another network at all.   

Do you want to keep using the payg number or do you want this new 12 month sim only number?      If you want the payg number you need to call customer services and ask them to migrate this number to your 12 month sim only sim.   If you don’t want it you don’t need to do anything. 

You can only have a email address  assigned to one account you can not use the same email address on 2 accounts.  You’ll need to call customer services to sort this out.  

New SIM cards can take up to 24 hours to activate but it’s usually around 4-5 hours. Restarting the device a few times can help. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the community @stevenjp90

You are able to transfer your pay as you go number over to the contract number as advised above.

Please do give customer services a quick call again as there is a procedure for them to follow.

Let us know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

Highlighted
by
Explorer

@Lee_H and @Chris_B

Been back on live chat this morning and got someone that understood me and fixed it within minutes 

Transferred number

Transferred account everything 

Thanks for getting back to me

Steve

Highlighted
by
EE Employee

No problems @stevenjp90

I'm glad you are sorted.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.