by SophieC
Explorer

Outgoing international calls barred; need password.

I have an Xperia z5 compact on an extra plan which gives me phone calls in the EU - rang EE and checked before coming to France and was told it would work here and I needed do nothing more - which is important as I'm currently responsible for a group of schoolchildren - but I cannot make calls. Data is fine, incoming and outgoing texts are fine, incoming calls are good but I cannot make calls. Under call barring, outgoing international barring  is enabled and I need a password to turn it off.

i cannot ring EE directly as calls are barred, so I'm kind of stuck unless I ring from a colleague's phone which means they round incur charges and I don't want to do that. All help will be very gratefully received!

Thank you so much,

Sophie

3 REPLIES 3
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Outgoing international calls barred; need password.

Hello @SophieC,

Welcome to the community,

You can ring EE from another phone, such as a landline. If you have a personal account, you can go into your account and click on chat and when one of the members of staff is available you can speak to them, but you will probably have to wait until tomorrow for someone to be available, as here in the community, we have no access to accounts.

by SophieC
Explorer

Thank you - unfortunately whenever I go to chat I get bounced out of my account. I'd rather not have to pay to make the call to sort it out, to be honest, as it's not my error, but it looks like that's what I'll have to do.

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @SophieC.

Thanks for coming here.

Is your account on an EE personal contract?

Hope to hear from you soon 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.