Wonder when EE will roll it out?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Oreo for the Note 8 rolls out at last

Hi @neils31

You will get it once EE have tested it to ensure the extra services their firmware offers work correctly.

Your device will tell you when any upgrade is available.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Hi @neils31

You will get it once EE have tested it to ensure the extra services their firmware offers work correctly.

Your device will tell you when any upgrade is available.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.

View solution in original post

by neils31 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yep I know how it works

by dordy_boy Contributor
Contributor

"You will get it once EE have tested it to ensure the extra services their firmware offers work correctly."

How long does this testing take ?

Thanks

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

A valid question where the carrier can draw upon past experience and give information to reasure a customer.

Also a perfect opportunity for them to give information on the process, why its done and where they are the testing.  Whilst not offering a concrete date as no one can really know with testing but an estimated time and date drawn from information gathered from the people who know.

Or

Paste in a template saying word to an effect of "Your device will tell you when its out.."

by dordy_boy Contributor
Contributor

Looking at sammobile, I see O2 UK have issued their note 8 oreo update. If O2 UK can do it, why not EE ?

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

It's horrible not knowing even more so when you're not bring listened to and even worse when ignored

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Bellyman  You know the score with this as you was saying the same sort of things last year and nothing has changed.  For some unknown reason you seem to think and I know I’ve told you this before and I know you’ve been told by others and you know full well your contract or even if your on PAYG customer having a device doesn’t mean it will include updates when you want them and when EE have tested to make sure that any updates do not have conflict with anything else the update will be pushed out.    And you know that the software is done by Samsung so when they program it right it will be pushed out by EE.  And the “Your device will tell you”. Is how you are told that a update is out for the device in question.  So how else would you like to be told, would you like a personal phone call ?   

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

You're right in everything you say and that is the issue. The status quo is not acceptable to many many people and changes are being made by many carriers and manufactures expect EE. The biggest carrier in the UK is happy to do nothing and not listen to many many customers year on year say the same thing.

The fact you're fed up should tell you somethings not right but instead its become a telecoms Stockholm syndrome where you accept the state of the contract you're in without question.

"You know the score with this as you was saying the same sort of things last year and nothing has changed" - Yes thus something to someone is still wrong

"For some unknown reason you seem to think and I know I’ve told you this before and I know you’ve been told by others and you know full well your contract or even if your on PAYG customer having a device doesn’t mean it will include updates when you want them and when EE have tested to make sure that any updates do not have conflict with anything else the update will be pushed out" - Yes thus there is a lack of information clearly available for all.

"And you know that the software is done by Samsung so when they program it right it will be pushed out by EE" - As consumers see updates roll out to friends and family there is a lack of understanding that updates can be carrier specific. Again due to a total lack of available information provided by EE

"And the “Your device will tell you”. Is how you are told that a update is out for the device in question." - This forum is the only "real" source of information and one EE uses to "speak" to its customers. This should be a human voice that is willling to listen take on board and provided an answer in reply to a question. Nothing is more infuriating than a question not hardly heard and answered with a template reply. It is not the fault of the staff its the fault of EE not choosing to give them a resource to answer with clear information. For example a portal detail update time lines. Links to videos created by the Dev team explaining what is happening and when. Or allowing staff to take each question and investigating it no matter if its the 100th times its been asked. Making the customer feel heard and understood and not an inconvenience for asking.

"So how else would you like to be told, would you like a personal phone call ?" - A personal phone call would be good but impractical BUT it would be a change to the current process and product and a massive value add to hel differentiate it from the other carriers. It would be an effort to do better than they are now and one that would have a direct impact on the customers impression of the business. Compare how a customer would feel getting a personal message rather than one they've seen many many times copy and pasted into a thread asking the same question because it had not been answered previously and STILL mattered to them.

To sum up I think EE is great but can be improved and these improvements have been asked for for a long long time.  Why have they not been done or even look to be done when others are.

What do you and all the others you mention think can be improved?

And if you have any issues at all do you know why they have not been resolved and would you like to know why?

by dordy_boy Contributor
Contributor

I am unsure if either or both of you work for EE or not - but this seems an unseemly spat. Further observations: Its 10th April and now 02, 3 and Vodafone have issued their versions of Oreo for the Note 8. EE are the last to do so, Why does EE's testing take longer that the others ? Is the additional firmware that EE requests more complex than the other UK operators ? Or are EE's firmware testing procedures just slower ? The impression given to the outside world is that EE are just slower. Jonathan
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I don't work for EE i work for an Internet wholesaler and have asked the question you've asked a LOT and seen no improvement to the service at all over a long time.

And in a nut shell improvement is all i'd like in fact surely wouldn't everyone.. and why wouldn't they.  But it seems impossible at any level for EE so i can as you have here, keep asking questions.  Why?

by neils31 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Just got Oreo last night. Check your updates

by dordy_boy Contributor
Contributor

Yes. I have it too. Sam mobile also agrees.

I'll do the upgrade after work.

Thanks

Jonathan

by prashadlodhia

I received it 2 days ago as an OTA update.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.