by davidthomas27 Investigator
Investigator

Orange email

A while ago I  was informed that Orange was closing so I made a new Gmail address and had my Orange email redirected to that address, but after changing my email on many of the sites I am a member of and get emails from, I don't get many emails.

15 REPLIES 15
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Orange email

Hello @davidthomas27 have you confirmed the change of email address on these sites by clicking the validation link in the notification/confirmation emails they send out? Most sites require you to do this as added security and will not use the new address until you do. Also check your Gmail spam/junk folders to make sure they are not being sent there by mistake. 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Go back into these sites & check your email addy is your new 1 & that it is verified, if appropriate.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

I have clicked on the 'verify' links in the emails, and now I get a message
at the top of my gmail home page saying that some emails from my Orange
account were blocked from Ist June, and when I click on 'More details' I
get a pop-up like this:
*Connection Error.*
Server returned error "Connection timed out: There may be a problem with
the settings you added. Ple..."
by Grand Master
Grand Master

That's cuz you're clicking on GMail's Import (Check email from other accounts: ) that you've left running & have got the expected error msg:

Connection Error. Mail from this account has not been retrieved since 1 Jun.  View details

That has nowt to do with your new GMail addy or how other sites know you by.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @davidthomas27 if you delete/remove the Orange email import settings from Gmail that should stop the error message from appearing at the top.

Which emails are not coming through? You have not added them to Gmails block list by mistake? 🙂

by
EE Employee

Hi @davidthomas27 and welcome to the community.

Please do follow the advice given by @Profile closed and @XRaySpeX and do let us know how you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

How do I make sure I still get emails that are sent to my old Orange email
address, such as if I forgot my password and have to type in the email
address associated with that password, and they send the email to my old
email address?
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @davidthomas27 POP3 and IMAP4 access are being reopened from 12th June for two weeks to allow the final import/transfer of emails to new providers. This will be your last and only chance to access any password recovery emails that need to be sent to your Orange email address. 🙂

Investigator

I deleted my Orange import settings on Gmail - does this mean that when the POP3 and IMAP4 accesss is reopened I won't be able to read any emails that were sent to my Orange address recently?

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @davidthomas27 yes you will need to set up the import again to retrieve any last emails through Gmail.

If you want to access the account using a mail app or program like Outlook or Windows Live Mail then the Gmail import has nothing to do with that and you can access your emails that way as normal unless you told Gmail to delete the emails from Orange as it was importing. 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, you needn't have removed your GMail Import from Orange & it would have started up again auto on 12 June. All it was doing was showing that red mag that it couldn't connect now.

Investigator

I'm having trouble trying to re-enter my Orange information - it keeps saying it can't identify my POP server.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @davidthomas27

Thanks for coming back here.

Do you have all the correct POP settings that can be found on our dedicated help page.

This should work no problem for you 🙂

Thanks.

Investigator

How do I view the e- mails sent to my old Orange account since 29 June so I
can know who sent them and change my details with them?
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @davidthomas27 you can not anymore I am sorry the service was closed on 29th June and no more emails will be received to your Orange email address. The sender may get a status undelivered/failed notification back after a couple of days depending on the senders provider. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.