This page is no longer active

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

by MarkHarmon Investigator
Investigator

Re: Orange Email closure 31st May 2017: Help and advice

There is a way around it but your need an email client such as Outlook or Thunderbird.  If you have not got Outlook on your PC or another email client and you like MS Office products than download a free month trial of Office 365 so you can do the below steps and then cancel subscription

1)  Set up  your account on outlook for your orange.net

2)  Set up your Gmail (or other email providers)  as an IMAP (Not POP3) to maintain folder structure (Thanks to XRaySpeX pointing out I missed that very important step)

3)  Create same folder structure in Gmail (in outlook) 

4) Click and drag emails you want to transfer into corresponding Gmail folder

5)  Click on Send/Recieve so it syncs your Gmail account  

6)  Go into web browser and see if everything has transferred from Outlook 

7)  If it has and you borrowed someone else PC to use Outlook then delete from the PC both orange.net address and Gmail (this won't affect web-based account - just PC)

Good luck.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@MarkHarmon: You forgot to say that you need to use IMAP, not POP3, in your email client in order to maintain the folder structure of the servers,

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by Holmes1932
Visitor

I have just changed my orange account email to gmail. I have a new router - what is the broadband information for the IP address and the DNS Server ?

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Holmes1932 here is a link containing the EE broadband settings for setting up your own router:

http://ee.co.uk/help/mobile-and-home-connections/broadband-gallery-mobile-broadband/home-broadband/e...

Smiley Happy

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @Profile closed great work Smiley Happy

Hope this helps @Holmes1932

Smiley Happy

by kufs Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

Have the email servers already been taken down?

I read an admin response on these boards to the effect that the service would cease at the end of today, but it's been unresponsive for the last three hours, and was very slow prior to that.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @kufs the email service was supposed to close at the end of today (midnight) but the servers are currently down affecting both webmail and POP3/IMAP4 access. EE are aware of this and are advising to keep trying again every hour. They hope to have it back up as soon as possible for people to finish off importing/transferring their emails. Please keep an eye on this thread for an update:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Email/Orange-Email-finishes-today-Trouble-is-I-cannot-access-now/m-p/5...

Smiley Happy

by kufs Investigator
Investigator

Thanks Tom222.

I'd looked through the 'stickies' and didn't find anything... should have looked further down the page for new topics!

by Profile closed
Not applicable

You are welcome @kufs hopefully the servers are back up soon. Smiley Happy

by Clive57 Investigator
Investigator

I have followed all the advice but have still not been able to migrate my emails to either GMail or Outlook. All of the advice says that we will not be able to access our account after 31 May, but I have tried accessing my account today but it says the server is not recognised already. Why has the guidance been missleading? Has anybody with FSMAIL.NET been able to migrate their emails? What is the correct POP and the correct details that should have been entered into the last box? Can anyone advise if the date can be extended and if not what OfCom or an ADR might have to say on the issue? 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Clive57 what error message are you getting? Here are the POP3 settings for an fsmail.net account:

Incoming POP3 Mail Server: pop.orangehome.co.uk

POP3 Username: example@fsmail.net

POP3 Password: Webmail password

POP3 Server Port: 110

Use SSL (if asked): No

Smiley Happy

by Clive57 Investigator
Investigator

Seems the solution for fsmail.net users is to type pop.orange.net in the last box and full email in the one above 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Clive57 did you get it working using pop.orange.net instead of pop.orangehome.co.uk? The different Incoming Mail Servers are interchangeable between some accounts yes. Smiley Happy

by
EE Employee

Hi @Clive57

All details needed can be found on our What Data You Need Post.

Hopefully this helps,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Holmes1932: Altho' based on your email addy, your BB username in the router is unchanged. It's just a unique string of chars that IDs you to EE's servers.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Employee

by Clive57 Investigator
Investigator

I did thanks @Profile closed . However, I have tried again tonight with some more emails I wanted to migrate over and stangely not all of them made it across! However, I do now have most of my mail across onto GMail, Thanks 

by Clive57 Investigator
Investigator

@Lee_H Actually the advice for FSMail.net account holders did not work for me . I used POP.Orange.net rather than pop.orangehome.co.uk . Most of my emails are now over to Gmail, thanks

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Clive57 it is strange pop.orangehome.co.uk is not working for your Fsmail account as that is considered "the default" mail server for fsmail.net. Glad to hear you got it working using pop.orange.net though. How long ago did you start the import? It can take a little while to complete. Users have reported anything from several hours to several days depending on how many emails there are/server traffic etc. Smiley Happy

by Grand Master
Grand Master

All the POP3 servers are aliases for each other. It will work with any.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.