Highlighted
by BabyMc17
Explorer

Old devices

Hi, basically I was going in to my Apple ID to delete my old devices and one came up saying that a particular phone can still receive texts and calls... I used my sim in it before but since had 2 phones, & there's no sim in that phone that belongs to me anyway... so how can it ? I've removed the device off my Apple ID now but confused ? Also it's always been the same sim I've had , but EE changed my number because I asked them . Thanks 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Employee
Solution

Re: Old devices

Afternoon @BabyMc17

As long as you've removed it from your devices and the phone was fully restored to factory settings before you sold it - it'll no longer be linked to your Apple ID.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @BabyMc17 did you leave iMessage or FaceTime turned on on the old device? They would still work over WiFi for a short time after the SIM card had been removed and iCloud may be registering that they are still active on the device. 🙂

by BabyMc17
Explorer

I possibly could have, I since have sold the phone... I've removed the device off my Apple ID would this not solve the problem? thanks 

by
EE Employee
Solution

Afternoon @BabyMc17

As long as you've removed it from your devices and the phone was fully restored to factory settings before you sold it - it'll no longer be linked to your Apple ID.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.