by aste Investigator
Investigator

Not receiving texts or calls

About 5 days ago I realised I hadn't been receiving calls or messages sent to me for about a week. At first, I received voicemail messages without the phone ringing but now it doesn't even ring. There is a message saying "Please press 1 if you would like us to send a text to the person you're calling.". I also get no reply when I send a message to 150 for credit (ba). I also tried calling myself with the same message.

I haven't upgraded.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Suddenly stopped receiving texts

Brilliant @aste

Glad you're sorted. 🙂

Feel free to come back to the community if you have any questions in future.

Have a brilliant weekend.

Chris 🙂

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
by aste Investigator
Investigator

About 5 days ago I realised I hadn't been receiving calls or messages sent to me for about a week. At first, I received voicemail messages without the phone ringing but now it doesn't even ring. There is a message saying "Please press 1 if you would like us to send a text to the person you're calling.". I also get no reply when I send a message to 150 for credit (ba). I also tried calling myself with the same message.

by aste Investigator
Investigator

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@aste  Can you try a different SIM card in your device and your SIM card in a different device?   

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Not receiving texts or calls

by
EE Employee

Re: Not receiving texts or calls

Hi @aste and welcome to the community.

Please dial ##002# and then have someone attempt to call you,

Does this help

Many thanks,

Lee

by aste Investigator
Investigator

Thank you for replying. When I put the sim in another phone it's the same. I should also mention that there is a voicemail icon which won't go either even when I try the sim in another phone. And I topped up by £10 on Sunday and it doesn't seem to have gone through because when I try to call cust service it tells me I don't have enough credit.

by
EE Employee

Hi @aste

what response do you receive when you text AL to 150?

The credit you have topped up may have been used to purchase a pack.

Many thanks,

Lee

by aste Investigator
Investigator

Hi Lee,

I get no response when I text "al" or "ba". I also get no reply if I text myself or if sb texts me. I may have purchased the pack but when I ring 150 it doesn't tell me if I have.

by
EE Employee

Hi @aste

This is very strange indeed.

If you are unable to contact customer service via your own phone please do use an alternative phone and get in touch to have this looked into.

Many thanks,

Lee

Highlighted
by aste Investigator
Investigator

Thanks Lee. I phoned up cust service today and as they advised I manually changed the operator from ee to 02 in my phone settings and then back to ee again. And I finally got texts through and was able to receive phone calls so the issue is solved. I think another user suggested that in another post as well.

by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Brilliant @aste

Glad you're sorted. 🙂

Feel free to come back to the community if you have any questions in future.

Have a brilliant weekend.

Chris 🙂

View solution in original post

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.