by Cymraes1986 Investigator
Investigator

No data means no texting

I have run out of data this month due to no WiFi as I've just moved. However, I now can't send text messages despite having an unlimited number to send. I am using the basic Android messaging system. I don't see why I should have to top up data AGAIN just because EE see fit to stop me using something I've already paid for. I have signal and I've tried turning my phone off and on. Please help.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: No data means no texting

@Cymraes1986  You data allowance has nothing to do with your text allowance.   If your using an app that uses data to send messages like what’s app or Facebook Messenger then these are not using your text allowance but your data allowance and so will not send. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Cymraes1986

Welcome to the community.

Is it as @Chris_B said? That you are using a messaging service?

You should still be able to use the normal text messaging service with no data allowance.

Chris

Investigator

Unfortunately not. I am using the text messaging service. Not Facebook messenger and not What's app which are the only other two messaging services on my phone.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

HI @Cymraes1986

Please check in message settings message center number that should need to be +447958879879.

Then try to send message again.

Thanks 

Investigator

Unfortunately I can't seem to find this in the message settings. Is this on every android phone?

by

Hi @Cymraes1986

Tap your text messaging app >>> Menu >>> Settings >>> Message centre >>> Change this to +447958879879.

Let me know how you get on.

Chris

Investigator

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately within the settings there is no message center option to choose. See screenshots!Screenshot_20171217-185626.png

Screenshot_20171217-185612.png

by

Thanks @Cymraes1986

That is very unusual.

I recommend having a chat with our technical support team.

They will do their best to help you with this.

Please let us know how you get on.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.