by sx_turbo Investigator
Investigator

Nexus 6p battery fault

Hi,

I have a nexus 6p, it's just over a year old and the battery life seems to have deteriorated rather quickly.

About 3 months ago the phone suddenly started shutting down with 15% battery life left, it has now started shutting down at 20% and occasionally 30%. I thought it was a software glitch to start with, then I googled and it seems it is a very common issue.

I have the accu battery app installed and it says my battery health is 70%. My battery also drains rediculously fast these days aswell within 10 minutes of taking the phone off charge and not using it, it drops down to 90%.

I got the phone via my contract with EE, and have about 9 months left of the contract, should the phone be covered under some form of warranty due to it being faulty hardware/ faulty design?

I see Google direct have started just replacing faulty nexus 6p phones with their new pixel XL.

Any help would be grand

8 REPLIES 8
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Nexus 6p battery fault

The warranty would ahve ended by now. Bu the warranty would be with Google rather than EE. EE is just the reseller of the phone.

You can check with Google to see if it is still under warranty as some phone manufacturers do have a 24 month warranty service. (Samsung does)

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android 10/One UI 2.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by sx_turbo Investigator
Investigator

According to hauwei the phone is in warranty until may next year.

I purchased the phone via EE webstore. Does EE repair my phone under warranty or do I have to deal direct with hauwei?

I wish I had purchased through Google as they would just swap the phone for the pixel XL

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

I would go with Google direct as they can fix under warranty and they might even replace it for the XL for you. 

EE wouldn't replace it just fix

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @sx_turbo

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. 🙂

Our technical support team may be able to help resolve the issue with your phone.

Alternatively, you can contact the manufacturer to see if repair is covered under the device warranty.

Chris

by sx_turbo Investigator
Investigator

Google are not interested as I did not buy it from there store.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Take it to EE then but Google should be interested and are just fobbing you off.

I bought my S4 from EE and it developed a fault. Samsung dealth with it.

by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @sx_turbo.

Why not have a chat with our technical support team?

They have access to your account and will be able to help diagnose the problem and advise you of the best way to proceed.

Let us know how you get on.

Chris 🙂

by WhittyNick

A friund of mine bought his Nexus 6p from Carphone Warehouse. He said that they were aware of this issue with the 6p and were arranging to have new batterys fitted to anyone who had the issue.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.