by RobJohn0 Contributor
Contributor

My data plan has disappeared from my Apple Watch!

It didn't work ... then it worked ... then it didn't work ... now, it's not working and showing there's no data plan connected. 

Is this a common problem? 

8 REPLIES 8
by Technoholic Investigator
Investigator

Re: My data plan has disappeared from my Apple Watch!

Having exactly the same issue here, was working, now the plan has disappeared and when i try to add it on the app it doesn't work, although it says thanks for adding etc.

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Yup plenty in the same boat by similar or the same means- I was on to EE about it earlier then got cut off from their end - tried to call back after an hour or so as I didn't get a call and the message stated no-onene available (due to the general network issues going on -plenty of posts on that here too)

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Apple/Apple-Watch-not-connected-in-mobile-data-Why/m-p/618365#M63992

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

My watch is working now - see link above. Not v clear on how long the fix will take though - if it was just the settings refresh from EE that did it and me waiting x hours or me attempting it x times after...

by RobJohn0 Contributor
Contributor

Mine's still not working - I'm not sure whether to remove the plan or not. When I click on 'Set up mobile data' it just takes me through to a screen that says 'this usually takes 30 mins to set up ...' and the only button to click is cancel in the top right.

I wonder if they'll get it working anytime soon 🤔

by Technoholic Investigator
Investigator

Think you need to get in touch, there is a mismatch between your device and the backend, i had the same thing and they had to reassociate my esim with the account etc

by RobJohn0 Contributor
Contributor

I removed the plan - then click add data plan and it showed the screen saying this could take ip to 30 mins. Within 5 it was working again 😁 ... let's hope it lasts more than 30 hours this time!

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@RobJohn0 That was my experience too although after it gave the 30 mins message (from having removed the plan) I ddn't look at it again until around 9-10 hrs later.

Good news all round.

I did have my sim re-registered (or whatever it is) on Sat PM so perhaps the steps just all joined up last night ...eventually..

by
EE Community Support Team

Glad you are both up and running 🙂

Have fun with your watch.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.