by Jemima_C Investigator
Investigator

Ive been charged by a Third Party number on my Wifi Sim number, How?

I recently set up my EE WiFi plan which is 30gb a month with No texts or Calls.

Only wanting to use this sim card in the WiFi box I saw no issue with having no texts or calls as thats what I use my phone for (On a seperate plan).

However I just looked at my first bill and I've been charged £3.75, 6 times by Third Party Numbers. I havent used the number for anything other than WiFi, so Why have I been charged? and what can I do to make sure this doesnt happen again?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Ive been charged by a Third Party number on my Wifi Sim number, How?

Hi, 

You have likely clicked on an advert, played a game, clicked on something on Facebook which you have agreed a subscription. These are not easy to spot, hence the charge via online account billing. 

You need to call CS and ask them to block premium numbers, this should stop this charge. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jemima_C

Thanks for coming here 🙂

Have you spoken with customer services as @Northerner has advised?

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

by Jemima_C Investigator
Investigator

I've spoken to customer services who have advised me that because it is a recycled number the person who had it previously must have signed up for these things. 

I've now been told I need to contact these companies to sort out cancelling the subscriptions which I havent signed up to in the first place. Needless to say theyre not exactly easy to get in contact with either, even though theyre still taking my money weekly.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jemima_C. If EE customer services have said that then the number is not clean and they ( EE ) are responsible to sort this out as this is not your doing.  If it was me in this situation and I got told that I’ll request that they sort this or they need to terminate the contract as they are in violation of the contract by giving you number that has a subscription service by a 3rd party.  That wasn’t part of your agreement with EE on your contract. 

by Jemima_C Investigator
Investigator

@Chris_BI've just spoken to them now, and asked why I'm having to go through all this hassle just because they have given me this recycyled number which has charges on it, and their response was still that there is nothing they can do, I have to sort it out. 

I've always been a valued EE customer and this has disappointed me tremendously! 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jemima_C  In that case ask EE customer services to change the number and make sure that they do it for free.  No number should have any subscription based services already on it when you get it.    These numbers that are recycled haven’t been used in over 9 months minimum before they can be used again.  EE should be making sure that these are clean from any subscription based services before they get re-used.  

by
EE Employee

Hi @Jemima_C

Our customer service teams can place blocks on these sort of subscriptions to stop any charges going forward.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.