by Podman Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: Internet keeps dropping

Hi,

the fact that your pc stayed connected but your xbox reported problems with DCHP should have highlighted to customer support that the router was the issue not your line.

I have had a number of routers over the years and after about two years or so they all start to do similar devices aren't able to connect while others are. Build in Obselesence !

A new router should solve your issues. Have you tried setting a specific IP for your xbox in the router via mac address.

Glad you are now up and running but sorry you had to wait on engineer visit for appears to have been an easy to spot issue. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Thank you for posting @Podman

Hope to see you posting again in community to try and offer support to others.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

by Drifty Established Contributor
Established Contributor

problems started again

Loss Of Signal Defect 4 & 2

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Over what period?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Established Contributor

18 hours

Established Contributor

it so bad it is I mean look at my speed test

speedtest

so Bad the drops the bad speed it is so bad

by Grand Master
Grand Master

As you've removed the images of your router stats I can't tell how good or bad that speedtest is. It's certainly nice & flat.

Please copy & paste your current full router stats here inline in a post.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Established Contributor

I'v rebooted the router last night which I have done 14 times in last 2 days but speed still way low

DSL Status

System Uptime is: 09:47:59

After Reboot my speed is speedtest this is still not even haft of what the speed meant to be

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Drifty wrote:

I'v rebooted the router last night which I have done 14 times in last 2 days

You shouldn't be doing that that often. It'll think the line is faulty.

That speedtest is consistent with your router stats, which seem about right. What do you think it's meant to be?

Established Contributor

speed should be between 60 and 78mb

and there been 3 lost of signal since my last post and speed droped to 3 to 5mb

speedtest/1506900068342802955

DSL Status

by Grand Master
Grand Master

What does BT Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

When you login to your Member's Centre @ https://web.orange.co.uk/r/login/ what does it say about Estimated Line Speeds under Your broadband speed ?

Established Contributor

check.png

Estimated Fibre Download Speed is 59.3 Mb/Sec

Estimated Fibre Upload Speed is 20.0 Mb/Sec

and right now this is what it is

speed.png
Established Contributor

just tried to ring all I got was a buzzening sound no voice nothing

then I use my moblie and kept saying high number of calls then atfer 10 mins it cut off

Established Contributor

So after 5 trieds I went to a EE shop turns out the customer services is down no wonder why I could't get through

by

Hi @Drifty,

I'm sorry to hear you are having difficulties getting connected with customer services.

Please try again later.

Thanks

James

Established Contributor

I have and I can't get through i go through all the options and wait hear about things to try and that there a high demand then 20 mins or so later it just hang up on me

my home Phone I can't even make a call it buzzing on the line no dail tune nothing

Established Contributor

It a joke and I'm about had enough 7 months been EE not one Month have it been problem free not one it just problems after problems after problems and now I can't even get any customer services what you do in my shoes?

by

I appreciate your frustration, @Drifty.

The only team that can help with this are based in the call centre.

Fingers crossed you can get through soon.

Chris

Established Contributor

Your not listening I can't even get through I wait and Wait and it just hang up on me no one answer the call it just hang up on me Swear to god getting so p**s off now with this Company.

by

Apologies, @Drifty.

I should have added a bit of context around my response.

Due to a previous internal issue there may be a delay in contacting the EE teams. 

The only thing I can advise in relation to your query is to try again.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.