Highlighted
by GabrielaMihai
Explorer

Internet in autocaravan

Hi. I would be interested to buy the 4GEE WiFi with 15GB data but can be activated from Romania? 

I want to travel in an autocaravan from Romania in Europe and probably also in North Africa and I want to have access to the Internet most of the time. Could you please let me know if I have full access in these areas with your product and if it works to activate from Romania? How much does it take to be delivered and installed?

Many thanks,

Gabriela

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Internet in autocaravan

You are actually allowed to roam for up to 60 days in any 120 day period.

You UK allowances will only cover the EU but not N. Africa for which you will need to pay..

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi,

This wouldn't meet your needs because you are only allowed to roam for 30 days outside the UK. Also you will be roaming outside the EU so it will suddenly become expensive.

Your best option is to buy a PAYG sim in the countries you are visiting and buying data locally if you intend to be abroad for some time.

Thanks,

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @GabrielaMihai,

Welcome to the EE Community.

In addition to the great information @Northerner has given you, the SIM card would need to be connected to the EE network in the UK to be activated.

Thanks

James

by GabrielaMihai
Explorer

Many thanks for the reply and for the tips!

by
EE Community Support Team

Great work guys.

Hope to see you in community again @GabrielaMihai

Cheers

Richard

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

You are actually allowed to roam for up to 60 days in any 120 day period.

You UK allowances will only cover the EU but not N. Africa for which you will need to pay..

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.